• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do I sell my 3090 and if so where?

Associate
Random question...

I have a 3090FE + 9900k rig I basically never use it so it seems a waste, do I risk putting it on Ebay with the scammers. Do I put it on here on MM and ask for what I paid? I am thinking that before long the prices will normalise and maybe at that point I buy the next generation of GPU / CPU.

I have an RTX3070 laptop to do me in the meanwhile.

Permabanned
Personally for a card that costs a large amount I'd sell here for what you paid or elsewhere for a little more. I'd try and avoid eBay though as the thought of getting scammed for a large amount like that would be off putting for me.

I bought a 3060ti FE and sold it elsewhere for more and avoided ebay easily.

Pet Northerner
Don
If you are selling because you don;t feel your getting the use then the easiest places to sell are here and CEX.

You won't however, make money - which if that's what you want then it's facebook marketplace for cash.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
CEX is the easiest. Not sure on the 3090 prices but if I dropped my 3070 off then I'd stand to make a 50% profit (Founders Edition)...

Associate
I would do CEX as its pretty much risk free know a couple of people who have done that

once they pay you thats it done and dusted

Associate
OP
I had someone on Facebook wanting me to post it... He was going to send bank transfer but wanted an email ( for bank transfer) had only Nigerian friends. The whole thing should have fairly risk free given he was sending money but everything felt shady like something dodgy was going on. So I wasn't interested and backed out.

I think MM asking for what I paid is the sensible route here, then at least someone can have a 3090 for a none inflated price...

Associate
The hell. Why don't you guys want him to make money? Sell it on ebay. Never had an issue.

Sold a 3080 FE a few months ago (was going to play with PS5 for a while and had it since launch) for 1650£ on Ebay.

Anywhere else you'll make less. Just avoid selling to people with less than 50 positive feedbacks and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The hell. Why don't you guys want him to make money? Sell it on ebay. Never had an issue.

Sold a 3080 FE a few months ago (was going to play with PS5 for a while and had it since launch) for 1650£ on Ebay.

Anywhere else you'll make less. Just avoid selling to people with less than 50 positive feedbacks and you'll be fine.

Some people don't want the risk of eBay. Too easy for buyer to scam you or send it back after 6 months of mining 24/7 on it.

Associate
Some people don't want the risk of eBay. Too easy for buyer to scam you or send it back after 6 months of mining 24/7 on it.

There's an option to refuse to offer returns.

I mean it's fine, IMO he's only giving away money for no valid reason. Reading this thread it feels like nobody should ever sell expensive stuff on it.

Associate

Have a browse of the eBay subreddit and you'll see how insanely risky it is. There are lots of people who specifically target infrequent/first time sellers, and as a seller you have zero protection (even with photos/videos of you showing the card working and packing it) from the buyer scamming you.

Soldato
^^ Its £1218 for cash now from them for a 3090

Ooof thats quite a drop could have made £600-£700 at one point. Guess I'll have to hold on to it now!

I think MM asking for what I paid is the sensible route here, then at least someone can have a 3090 for a none inflated price...

Good luck with that they'll try and knock a few hundred off of that!

I mean it's fine, IMO he's only giving away money for no valid reason. Reading this thread it feels like nobody should ever sell expensive stuff on it.

Nah they'll just claim its faulty and they will get their money back especially if they put a brick in the box. You're too naive.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Refusing returns doesn't stop them claiming in that 6 month window if they say its faulty and ebay will always side with the buyer.

I personally would touch ebay if selling a high value item.

Back
Top Bottom