Do national players get paid?

Soldato
Yes. You periodically hear of pay disputes in countries with poorly organised and financed football associations.

It isn't very much, and most major footballing nations (including England) donate the salaries to charity.

Associate
That's really good to hear, my opinion of profession footballers has gotten pretty low but its nice to know that they don't keep salaries for playing for their country.

That's really good to hear, my opinion of profession footballers has gotten pretty low but its nice to know that they don't keep salaries for playing for their country.

Same views here.
To be honest I doubt the players even care about the cash. They probably get a hefty chunk just to carry a can of Pepsi around during the World Cup saying 'Coke is ghey I like Pepsi' on camera.

Soldato
There was a country in the news this week moaning about pay and they were receiving £300k for 4 weeks work

MW

The media like to make out that these overpaid prima donnas won't get out of bed for less than £100,000-per-tournament (or whatever) when they should want to represent their country for free, because of national pride.

This isn't the way it is however. The players are striking because FIFA pay bonuses to the national FA, in this case the Cameroonian FA. The players are striking because they want the money to go straight to them rather than their national FA because there national FA is corrupt.

They want the money to go straight into their accounts so they can distribute the money as responsible adults to schemes and initiatives around Cameroon and beyond, after keeping whatever amount they deem fit. If the money is paid to the Cameroonian FA no one will ever see it again.

Soldato
Spanish players on 500k+ if they win the world cup. Would think playing for your national team would be enough but most footballers seem to be w**kers.

Get over :rolleyes:
Half the people on this conservative forum would do exactly the same thing and use as many TAX loopholes as they could find!!

Back
Top Bottom