Do National Tyres have lazer alignment machines?

Soldato
I don't have a clue and tbh all a tyre fitters could do is balance the wheels/tyres (hunter machine?) whereas you're after a proper geo & alignment check (Wheels In Motion have a good reputation), but can't hold myself back from posting:

LASER is an acronym.

Light
Amplification
(by the)
Stimulated
Emission
(of)
Radiation

Unless Nation Tyres have invented something new, there is no such thing as a "lazer".

Last edited:
Soldato
I got mine done on the Hunter a few months ago and only the front needed alignment and it was around 40 quid, you can watch them do it aswell on the screens is some places so you can see how far out your car is.

Permabanned
The machine is only a small part of the job.

I've been to places with a Hunter and the guy told me he couldn't change the caster etc....:confused:

The key word there is he.

The place i last went to had a fairly basic machine, but knew what he was doing.

Job done.

You need the best of both for the best alignment, but the machine is the least of your worries.

Permabanned
I got mine done on the Hunter a few months ago and only the front needed alignment and it was around 40 quid, you can watch them do it aswell on the screens is some places so you can see how far out your car is.

You should avoid just doing the front as it can knock the back out, it can be done if needs must, but it defeats the point in most cases.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15243101 said:
A good allignment job if you need stuff doing might cost you £100ish but it's worth every penny.

Had mine done on a Hunter. It was £40 +VAT from a backstreet stylee place in Nottingham City Centre. However, despite the fairly low price they've got an extremely good reputation on several forums around the interweb and the car is running better now.

Soldato
You should avoid just doing the front as it can knock the back out, it can be done if needs must, but it defeats the point in most cases.

I didnt ask for just the front done, they checked it all and the back wasnt out so im not sure how you align somethign that isnt out, i was quite prepared for a 100 quid bill aswell.

Associate
I called the local bmw garage and they want 400 quie!

they shouldnt cahrge that much. From reputable sources BMW Battersea is the best place to get it done as its actually owned by BMW and they cahrge circa £280. Its a job where they align your car jump back in it for a test drive a few times and back on the machine a few times.

Back
Top Bottom