Do OCUK sell 8 pin to 8 pin PCI to PSU power cables?

Associate
I'm upgrading my GPU, currently its a single plug 6 pin that powers it, the new card requires 1 8-8 pin and 1 6-6 pin. My PSU is modular and has a 8 pin pcie output plugs on the back of it but i don't have the cables. So looks like i need a 8 pin male to 8 pin male PCI power cable.

Soldato
I'm upgrading my GPU, currently its a single plug 6 pin that powers it, the new card requires 1 8-8 pin and 1 6-6 pin. My PSU is modular and has a 8 pin pcie output plugs on the back of it but i don't have the cables. So looks like i need a 8 pin male to 8 pin male PCI power cable.

What make and model is your PSU? These cables will vary depending on manufacturer and might not be interchangeable.

Associate
OP
What make and model is your PSU?

It should have 2 PCIE cables both with 6+2. If not you'll have to buy a new PSU that supports the configuration.

its an evga 750w, thats all i know, its fully modular and has 2 8 pin pcie power outputs on the rear currently not being used.

Soldato
its an evga 750w, thats all i know, its fully modular and has 2 8 pin pcie power outputs on the rear currently not being used.

You'll have to find out the make/model and then google for replacement cables - even EVGA can't help you without it.
The alternative is a new PSU, which would be a shame as I'm sure the new one has loads of life left in it.

Associate
OP
So it's not evga or 750w. It's a Coolermaster RS-850-ESBA. The annoying thing is I've found other cables, but they're 8 pin to 6 pin.

Associate
OP
Would have gone superflower personally, but the RM units are decent now

I ended up cancelling the order of the RM750 from OCUK and ordered an RMx750 from the jungle as it was only £82.99 on there, compared to £99.95 for the RM750 and £124.99 for the RMx750 on OCUK. I still got my 5700XT, swapped PSU and GPU on monday night and it works beautifully :D

I emailed Coolermaster and they couldn't supply replacement cables for my old PSU anyway so i would have had to get a new PSU no matter what if i wanted to upgrade my GPU.

Soldato
I ended up cancelling the order of the RM750 from OCUK and ordered an RMx750 from the jungle as it was only £82.99 on there, compared to £99.95 for the RM750 and £124.99 for the RMx750 on OCUK. I still got my 5700XT, swapped PSU and GPU on monday night and it works beautifully :D

I emailed Coolermaster and they couldn't supply replacement cables for my old PSU anyway so i would have had to get a new PSU no matter what if i wanted to upgrade my GPU.

Very nice dude!! Bet you're glad it's up and running now

Associate
Would have gone superflower personally, but the RM units are decent now
So why the Superflower over the Corsair Snips?

Im looking for similar size psu for an rtx2080super and 3900x... Cant decide between a n rm850x, Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 or Antec HCP platinumum. Havent even considered Superflower as they don't appear near the top of tier lists like corsair, Be Quiet! and Antec do....

That's what I've just done lol. Ordered a corsair RM750 psu along with the gigabyte gaming oc 5700XT :D
Whats the difference between the rm and rmx versions do you know dude?

Soldato
So why the Superflower over the Corsair Snips?

Im looking for similar size psu for an rtx2080super and 3900x... Cant decide between a n rm850x, Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 or Antec HCP platinumum. Havent even considered Superflower as they don't appear near the top of tier lists like corsair, Be Quiet! and Antec do....

Whats the difference between the rm and rmx versions do you know dude?

SuperFlower have the best PSUs on the market. They've been around for donkies years and continue to innovate. Their units have some of the best internals money can buy. Back when the Corsair range was really poor, the only units worth buying were the HX range. I think they're better now, but I still wouldn't buy one if I needed a replacement.

The problem with "gamer branded units" is you're paying for a name. Corsair have branched out from RAM to Cases, peripherals and no doubt there will be units that aren't an issue for people - my HX850+ is still going solid after 5 years, but like I said above, I wouldn't touch another unit now (even if they are better). SuperFlower are by far the best units in the industry and you 100% cannot go wrong.

Hope that helps dude :)

Associate
SuperFlower have the best PSUs on the market. They've been around for donkies years and continue to innovate. Their units have some of the best internals money can buy. Back when the Corsair range was really poor, the only units worth buying were the HX range. I think they're better now, but I still wouldn't buy one if I needed a replacement.

The problem with "gamer branded units" is you're paying for a name. Corsair have branched out from RAM to Cases, peripherals and no doubt there will be units that aren't an issue for people - my HX850+ is still going solid after 5 years, but like I said above, I wouldn't touch another unit now (even if they are better). SuperFlower are by far the best units in the industry and you 100% cannot go wrong.

Yeah I will deffo be factoring them into my choices against the antec and be quiet I'm currently looking at. I'm looking at some now but can only really go on what the premium ones are by price and tier list. You know much about their customer service/warranty rep? I'm buying in China and returning to UK next year so it's an issue for me

Associate

just read the evga p2 750w uses superflower parts and design... would you recommend? It changes the issue of superflower warranty to 10 years and someone im familiar with

Associate
So given the below, what you choose (for best system/oc stability)?

For under £100 that EVGA is looking really good to me now. Thanks for info guys, going to buy tonight.

£70/£90 -750w/850w BQuiet Straight Pow 11 (tier-2/1/2)
£93 -Corsair rm850x (tier-2/2/3)
£99 -Evga p2 850w *platinum* (tier-2/2/3)
£113 -Seasonic Prime gx750 *gold
£119 -Antec HCP-850 High Current Plat (tier-1/1/1)
£121 -Corsair hx750i *plat
£128 -Corsair hx850i *plat
£129 -Superflower Leadex p850w plat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom