Do people enjoy negativity?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I've spent past few hours on TripAdvisor checking out reviews of various restaurants. All the restaurants I've been going through are 4 out of 5 or higher so there are droves of detailed positive reviews however none of them have any 'helpful' thumbs up. However, the odd few negative posts of someone complaining about slow service etc has has multiple thumbs up for being helpful. This is a consistent theme throughout all of them.

Not the most groundbreaking discovery but something that stood as very unusual, why do people find the odd bad review so helpful despite the hundreds of positive ones which get nothing.....

Soldato
In a sea of voices the one saying something different stands out.

It's the same with Amazon reviews you always want to read the bad ones just to balance things out.

Soldato
In a sea of voices the one saying something different stands out.

It's the same with Amazon reviews you always want to read the bad ones just to balance things out.

The first thing I do on Amazon is check Fakespot or ReviewMeta. I'd really recommend everybody do this before buying a product just because it's 4 star+ with hundreds of ratings.

Soldato
Generally on Tripadvisor I read the bad or mediocre scores, and decide if the problems they had are things that would bother me. Sometimes they are, often they aren't.

Similar with Amazon.

Soldato
The first thing I do on Amazon is check Fakespot or ReviewMeta. I'd really recommend everybody do this before buying a product just because it's 4 star+ with hundreds of ratings.

Some of the Chinese sellers are terrible for fake reviews. Amazon really needs to sort out the way they handle Chinese sellers as its ruining the marketplace, needs to made obvious that you are buying from an overseas seller rather than being hidden.

Sorry op, needed to get that negativity out :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Generally on Tripadvisor I read the bad or mediocre scores, and decide if the problems they had are things that would bother me. Sometimes they are, often they aren't.

Similar with Amazon.
Usually, I’ll ignore complaints that are trivial such as “we got to the room and noticed a hair on the bed. 1* ermagerd!!”

Permabanned
It's a weird one... Negative equity is obviously a bad things but on the other hand you want to be HIV negative. I'm not surprised people are confused tbh.

Soldato

Similar with Amazon.
I'm the same, always read the negatives before the positives just to see if there's something in particular that might put me off.

Caporegime

Same.

Generally it's people with ridiculous expectations or the sort of people who don't bother to report bad food to the restaurant whilst they are actually there.

Soldato
it's usually easier to find negative posts/reviews about things because people are more likely to make a thread/review etc if they're unhappy about something

so I think it's just there's more people going on TripAdvisor to complain rather than sing praise.....

Caporegime
it's usually easier to find negative posts/reviews about things because people are more likely to make a thread/review etc if they're unhappy about something

This. When most people have a pleasant stay at a hotel, they just deem it as the hotel providing the service they are paid for. Personally, I always leave reviews, negative or otherwise. I ignore quite a lot of complaints as many are laughably trivial. Sometimes I wonder if it's people just trying their luck for a discount or something.

Caporegime
This. When most people have a pleasant stay at a hotel, they just deem it as the hotel providing the service they are paid for. Personally, I always leave reviews, negative or otherwise. I ignore quite a lot of complaints as many are laughably trivial. Sometimes I wonder if it's people just trying their luck for a discount or something.

Hehe, yep.

They are literally laughable, I sometimes sit there reading them in disbelief.

Back
Top Bottom