Do people not realise it's sunny?

Soldato
Went out for a blast in the sunshine this afternoon and must have seen 30+ soft tops. Only two of them had their roofs off and they were both Elises. I did manage to embarris a Z4 driver into putting his roof down but no other victories.

On a sunny day winter soft top motoring is as much fun as summer soft top motoring. Get your tops off people!

Soldato
OP
mr tommo said:
Did you have your heaters on? :p

I had some hot air blowing on my feet to keep them nice and warm for heel 'n' toeing but a jacket was all that was required to keep me warm.

Hair was trashed but it is rather long at the moment and needs cutting.

Soldato
I cant wait till i get my mr2, you will be certain to find me with the roof down on days like this.

The only thing i don't like seeing is someone in a convertible with a big woolie hat on.
....At least pretend your not freezing :rolleyes: :D

Soldato
OP
mr tommo said:
The only thing i don't like seeing is someone in a convertible with a big woolie hat on.
....At least pretend your not freezing :rolleyes: :D

Drove back to my parents on Christmas Eve with the roof off wearing a big coat, gloves and a Santa hat. Best reaction I've even had from pedestrians. As I was driving through Cambridge kids were waving from all directions and everyone knows that 6 year olds have the best taste is cars ;) :D

The Santa hat may have had something to do with it :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Tim said:
I think most people are waiting for the summer, it was only 10°C or so today?
So? :p
Saw loads of people wearing t-shirts out and about today. Didn't see any soft tops though. :(

Soldato
I don't get this obsession with having the roof down. If you've got a roof, and its cold, whats the problem with using it? I think people with the roof down when its freezing look daft tbh :o

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I drove to Portsmouth with my top down. Other roof down cars I saw were a Saab 900, an Elise, another MX5 and if it counts an MR2 mk2 T-bar with the side bits out.
Was a lovely day to be out and about.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Tim said:
I've been outside for most of the day and it wasn't T-shirt'able:p Had my fleece on:o

You must be further south than me:p
A lot :p South Wales. And tbh round here, people are down the beach as soon as a glimmer of sun appears behind the clouds. Personally i kept to a long sleeved shirt but I didn't need my heater on in the car on the drive home which was a good sign :D

Soldato
OP
andi said:
I don't get this obsession with having the roof down. If you've got a roof, and its cold, whats the problem with using it? I think people with the roof down when its freezing look daft tbh :o

Alas you are missing the point. I get as much fun driving with the roof off in the cold as I do in 30 degree heat. Probs best if I don't start in 35 degree heat ;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Noticed your sig eidolon, you bought one then? Congratulations :)

Not yet but I've decided that I'm definitely getting one. I went for a drive in a proper one today which was nothing like that shed last week and I'm convinced that the 2 needs to make way for a VXT :) I'm gonna MOT the MR2 (it's SORN'd for the Winter) and get it up for sale soon then I just have to find the right VXT.

Problem is that due to their rarity it might take some time. Don't worry, I'll post pics in due course :)

Man of Honour
Been driving topless all weekend. It rocks. No wooly hat, a little bit of heat, but that's it (I can't wear a jacket when driving...) If you have a convertible, then bloody well convert dammit!

I hear you bruv.

Back
Top Bottom