1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do these numbers look ok (hashrate/gpu temps/power) ?

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by p5x, Jan 12, 2018.

1. p5x

Associate

Finally managed to get my rig up and running after having quite a lot of hassle with drivers and whatnot. I've got 6x 4gb RX 570's on ethash using claymore. Just wondered if these numbers seem ok for stock before I start tweaking...

power at the wall: 750w
    hashrate: 24Mh/s
    gpu temp: 72 degrees c, although one is running at 68
    fans are running between 20-30% - i'm surprised they're not running faster and it's a lot quieter than I expected?

I've tried the blockchain drivers but they seem to give the same performance as the latest drivers. People seem to be reporting 20-30% improvements with the blockchain drivers or is that not the case any more?

Also, i've flashed the c1.f6a mining bios (gigabyte z270p-d3) but it doesn't seem to have made much difference to numers or power consumption. I didn't get the "mining mode" option in the bios as per the gigabyte website, although it does say this is on the H110-D3A mobo only.

2. Sybra

Associate

temps way too high. aim for no more than around 65%.

3. lmfy2k

Soldato

Follow this guide mate

https://mining.help/

You really need to flash the gfx card bios and overclock/undervolt using OverdriveNTool software.

Everything you need is in that guide.

Stick with the blockchain Aug23 drivers. I assume you have done the gen2 option on your motherboard yes?

With that guide you should get 28/29mhs at around 820w at the wall with a comfortable overclock.

Note. Flashing bios works fine but do at own risk, there’s always risk of killing them.

4. p5x

Associate

Thanks, wish I'd seen that first. I was looking at flashing bios next. I assume I won't get temps down without oc/uv or is there a way of manually increasing fan speeds?

I've done gen2/blockchain drivers/mobo mining bios but doesn't seem to have made much difference to performance

5. lmfy2k

Soldato

The blockchain drivers will have after you bios flash your cards using polaris bios editor and one click patch button.

6. p5x

Associate

getting a steady 29Mh/s after bios flashing. Running at 1150/850 & 2000/850 with temps 60-65. Fan speed is still 30-35%.

Is it worth pushing a little further? ;)

7. lmfy2k

Soldato

What memory brand do the cards have ?

I’d be happy with that hash and clock :)

8. p5x

Associate

Samsung memory on all the cards

thanks, I think i'll stick at this then.

btw - do you find the overdrivetool is a bit temperamental in applying the gpu settings? It seems to occasionally take several restarts to actually apply the settings it's meant to, unless i'm doing something wrong.

9. Boxfreshchris

Gangster

That's about right. My 570's are pulling 28.3mhs, 1100/900 & 1950/900, temps all around 50-55 (although they are in the garage), fans never seem to go over 20%. I could probably push them a little harder, but from my limited testing an extra 50mhz on the memory squeezes another 0.5mhs/card, its not worth it for me. The rig has been running 24/7 for a week without any issues at all, I don't want to upset it. 6 cards pulling 750W btw

Edit, mine are Elpida memory, hence only being 1950 mem clock

10. lmfy2k

Soldato

Funny you say that. Noticed that today too. Rebooted and overclock was still saved (even though i reset it)