Do we have a Black Friday 2018 Deals thread

Permabanned
I did not find any thread related to Black Friday or Cyber Monday in the deals and News forum. So I am creating one here.
Please post best deals offered in the UK

Soldato
I think there's normally one to discuss what deals people are on the look out for.

I know i need to renew my VPN subscription, i purchased a 2 yr sub for Nord on black friday 2 years ago.

Soldato
I'm hoping for more Philips Hue bargains. I've become a total sucker for smart lighting. I just grabbed the Echo Dot deal with a view to resell the spare hub, keeping the dot and the colour bulbs. (Same as the Google Home Mini deal from the spicy high-street retailer, but with a 3rd gen Dot.)

Someone will get my bargain Hue Hub, not realising they've been sucked into my world. Soon they'll be replacing their wall switches with 3d-printed plates and Hue Wireless Dimmers, and making "scenes" that best reflect their mood, and automating their lighting schedules... MWAHAHAHA.

Hot UK Deals is worth keeping an eye on.

Caporegime
Are retailers still carrying on with this Black Friday BS? I thought it was starting to die off. And for good reason.

They are, but they're just sucking people in by raising the price for a few weeks before hand, then suddenly it's available at a big discount, just not quite as big as you'd expect and, if you do your research, sometimes not even as low as they've been before hand.

I'm hoping for a good deal on a 34" UW with G-0Sync, preferably the Alienware at close to £800 or the X34P closer to £700-£750.

Soldato
Are retailers still carrying on with this Black Friday BS? I thought it was starting to die off. And for good reason.

I got this from an estate agent this week

With £2.5 billion of sales in 2017, Black Friday through to Cyber Monday is one of the busiest periods of internet traffic throughout the entire year. List your home with us during this period and increase your chances of a successful sale and a great start to 2019.

With Black Friday falling on 23rd November this year and the introduction of the sales phenomenon 'Sofa Sunday' on 25th November with similarly high levels of internet traffic, there has never been a better time to list your home with us!

Oh boy.

Soldato

For most things they're not as much of a deal as retailers make out, as misschief says, price raises in the weeks leading upto it before a sudden price drop.

Some things can be very well priced though. I.e. Amazons firesticks/tablets/alexa speakers are normally at their cheapest price of the year on black friday / cyber monday.

Soldato
For most things they're not as much of a deal as retailers make out, as misschief says, price raises in the weeks leading upto it before a sudden price drop.

Some things can be very well priced though. I.e. Amazons firesticks/tablets/alexa speakers are normally at their cheapest price of the year on black friday / cyber monday.

Specific bundle deals tend to be quite good on occasion too, you have to have a good check and price up individually though. My wife got a load of expensive makeup last year in a black Friday bundle box they released. It was actually possible to sell the individual items on ebay for twice the price she paid for the box.

Back
Top Bottom