Do we want to beat the Germans or what????

Man of Honour
OP
I have just over 4 million here :cool:

And TheBeansprout2 hasn't dumped for, ooh, a long time (I think - unless I dumped a few months ago) so it should have a nice amount to surprise some people in the 30s/40s with :D

Soldato
sites still down :(

i hope that they dont clear the stats... or if they do we at the very least get to keep what we've got left now to dump when we start :-/

maybe we should move on... we can always beat the German's at something else?

Associate
I can't see that they would let you dump old klikage. One of the main things about TKC2 was that it's meant to be much harder to cheat. I hardly expect they would want to leave it open to the insecurity of TKC1.

Soldato
null said:
I can't see that they would let you dump old klikage. One of the main things about TKC2 was that it's meant to be much harder to cheat. I hardly expect they would want to leave it open to the insecurity of TKC1.
cheat? how can you cheat?

they can't exactly stop people from smashing buttons repeatedly, what about people that generally touch type that fast anyway :confused:

Soldato
nikebee said:
cheat? how can you cheat?

they can't exactly stop people from smashing buttons repeatedly, what about people that generally touch type that fast anyway :confused:
there are a few ways of cheating the old system - in terms of submitting the same results more than once it's not difficult to work out

it is quite easy to spot though - but that relies on somebody physically watching the stats for suspicious submissions :o

Soldato
nikebee said:
sites still down :(

i hope that they dont clear the stats... or if they do we at the very least get to keep what we've got left now to dump when we start :-/

maybe we should move on... we can always beat the German's at something else?

Doubt they'll clear the database, they said they're keeping it so I'm guessing they have it all securely somewhere.

Soldato
well it seems the webby is back up again... no real news to note of... i did find this bit of info on the main page though.

What Happens to All The Stats?
Since the service is basically being recreated, we will be using a totally new user and stat database. This means you will need to sign up for a TKC2.0 account to keep using TKC once the service relaunches.

However, we will be keeping all of the old TKC data in a special "archive" mode for posterity. In the interests of fairness, these old stats will not be included in your TKC2.0 stat totals. There will be a feature to let you show off your old stats in your TKC2.0 account, though.

so, we may as well stop with TKC for the mo as there is no point tbh... server is down and current stats can't be uploaded...

may as well hold off until TKC2.0 is released... whenever that is :(

Soldato
Instead of forcing everyone to keep waiting until TKC2.0 is totally finished, we will be releasing development previews periodically, as new features are finished for the software. These previews will be freely available to anyone interested, and will run alongside TCK1.61 so you can continue tracking your statistics without any interruption.

But where do you get it from? :confused:

Man of Honour
They also state that any stats collected with such versions will disappear if/when they ever come out with a final version.

Frankly, I hold little hope. TKC2.0 has been around for at least the last year with apparently little progress. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though.

Back
Top Bottom