Poll: Do you actually own your car?

Do you actually own your car?

• Total voters
Soldato
exactly but people never follow the time criteria they wait for the car to say service due which is based on use rather than time.
Actually these days they are far far more sophisticated than that, building in all kinds of factors, which may include:

- time
- mileage
- no. of cold starts
- no. of frequent short trips
- amount of stop-go driving.

The algorithms that go into these are pretty complex.

Caporegime
Based on both, my 2010 CRZ needs it’s B service (oil) in 190 days based, it’s use has dropped so it’s now showing days rather than previous 6500 mileage warning.

crz was a hybrid iirc so ahead of it's time

my car is from 2003 so it doesn't have this. so based on the OEM service schedule. i would probably need to service it now once every 15 years. as it seems to be on a 15K mile service interval (it's a BMW).

OcUK Staff
crz was a hybrid iirc so ahead of it's time

my car is from 2003 so it doesn't have this. so based on the OEM service schedule. i would probably need to service it now once every 15 years. as it seems to be on a 15K mile service interval (it's a BMW).

You sound like the guy I bought my Clio from. :D

Man of Honour
Company car (contract hire) X530D
Previous model X5 was PCP, previous 5 series I had before and all other cars I owned.

I don't pay BIK so company car is reasonably sensible.

Caporegime
Fully maintained lease cars are arguably a very good buy. Why would you not have work done on time and as needed if someone else is paying.

you don't know how a lot of women work then do you?

a different bimbo in my team had an audi tt which she handed back early as she wasn't using it much. lives with her mum. she would drive to train station park up. get train to work. get train back and drive home. so it was doing like 3 miles a day.

she didn't bother getting it serviced or anything as what was the point as it's a waste of a day off work. she would much rather be in the gym or watching TOWIE.

so her car hadn't been serviced in like 2.5 years and she handed it back 6 months early and paid a fine to do so.

the money she is "saving" is supposedly so she can move out at some point but i don't think she saves anything. she never took my advice to open a separate savings account and she's always out eating/shopping and now drives her mums car when needed.

OcUK Staff
What, like paying a garage £20 to do a basic service? ;)

Nope using the excuse of well it ain’t done the miles yet so it must not need doing.

Completely ignoring the fact the owners manuals clearly states every 72,000 miles or 5yr whichever comes sooner.

Thankfully it was just about surviving and now it’s like brand new again, now it’s had some proper TLC and more or less a full restoration.

Soldato

a different bimbo in my team had an audi tt which she handed back early as she wasn't using it much. lives with her mum. she would drive to train station park up. get train to work. get train back and drive home. so it was doing like 3 miles a day.

she didn't bother getting it serviced or anything as what was the point as it's a waste of a day off work. she would much rather be in the gym or watching TOWIE.

so her car hadn't been serviced in like 2.5 years and she handed it back 6 months early and paid a fine to do so.

the money she is "saving" is supposedly so she can move out at some point but i don't think she saves anything. she never took my advice to open a separate savings account and she's always out eating/shopping and now drives her mums car when needed.

That's some serious same brush tarnishing.

Man of Honour

Was she fit?

Back
Top Bottom