1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you dismount your bike when refuelling?

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Drangueos, 17 Oct 2021.

1. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

I get off the bike. It makes very little difference (if any) to try and brim and staying on the bike makes it more of a faff.

2. Malt_Vinegar

Don

I get off usually, I have stayed on when in a hurry and using pay at pump, otherwise, i jump off and fill as per usual!

3. Sin_Chase

Capodecina

Get off

4. newuser

Hitman

I get off and park a cars width away from the pump. Keeps getting all the splashes and dregs that the car drivers leave all over the tarmac on my tyres. Then I go inside and browse the pie and coffee selection or make rude faces at the yokels if they have none.

5. T1Cybernetic

Hitman

It depends on the day for me. I usually stay on the bike just so it's sat up straight but I don't mind either way. It sometimes makes life easier when I have my partner on the back because she goes in to pay.

6. helpimcrap

Capodecina

i try to sit on the bike as i can get it to a level, if i can't it's no biggy. I just take my time.

7. Haze

Mobster

I turn the pump off until they get off and remove their helmet

8. Munchies

Gangster

Fair enough if you want the rider to dismount at the pump. Why remove helmet at the pump though? I would go elsewhere myself as I wouldn't want to leave my lid on the pump or floor and never hang it on the bars in case it falls. Removing helmet to enter the shop I understand though most are happy with just lifting the visor in my experience.

9. Haze

Mobster

Because of drive offs, need to see who's filling up

10. tom_e

Man of Honour

Lid stays on if I'm paying at pump but off if I need to go in and pay, simply because I don't like trying to have a conversation with it on.