Do you ever play on a old console after buying a new console?

Associate
I've still got a few older consoles hooked up but very rarely use them these days, usually just down to not having enough time.

On the odd occasion they do get powered up it's usually to educate my son on all the classics he missed out on ;)

Associate
I have a retron3 setup as it's easier than setting up the orignal hardware and sometimes plug in the ps2 but generally find it hard to find the time to play current gen let alone my backlog of retro games :( I miss furlough

Soldato
Regularly. I like having a decent collection of games so I figured now was a good time to start picking up the PS3 and 360 games that I missed at the time since most can be had for around £3-5. I don't mind shelling that out because when they get classed as retro (undoubtedly many years down the line) they'll get more expensive. I think over the last few weeks I've spent more time playing Xbox/PS2/Xbox 360/PS3 games than anything on my Xbox One/PS4.

Associate
My WiiU, 360 and PS3 where today put into the loft with all my other old consoles.
I'll keep the PS3 and Xbox games as I'm hoping for more backwards compatibility with the new gen consoles due later this year.

Associate
This sort of begs the question as to whether backwards compatibility is that important on newer consoles.

I enjoy older games that have been remastered, however if I go back and play them in their original format on the original hardware I’m often disappointed.

Some things are best left as fond memories.

Back
Top Bottom