Do you get rid of your box?

Soldato
Exactly, but if you read what I'd posted you would've seen that I didn't intend to collect it, I just abandoned it in my parents' loft for decades. Fortunately it seems like a good little bonus as for whatever reason those cards are selling for more than you'd expect them to.

Man of Honour
Sadly my Voodoo 3 2000 PCI the memory degraded long ago - don't think I chucked the box out until fairly recently relatively speaking I seem to recall it hanging about until I got shot of it one major clean out.

Pretty sure they are fraudulent transactions
. Probably drug dealers money laundering

You seem to surprised that people collect things. The lovely chap I sold my stuff to had a large collection of Voodoo cards in boxes and wanted to add mine and others to the collection.

Value is what price you place on an object, not what it is worth. To him, the card was valuable. To me in the past, it had been valuable but not longer. It was just sitting there under my desk, gathering dust. I got a couple of hundred quid which helped me upgrade my VR setup (which I no longer use as such).

You only have to check out LGR on YouTube and you will see there is a market for old hardware. People do like old PC related things these days. I wish I had kept more of my 80's hardware instead of "recycling" it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only packaging I keep from purchases are gaming console boxes, so I can sell on re-packaged when the new generation starts.

Soldato
For people talking about warranty claims - I've never had a warranty claim refused over a missing box.

I think in a lot of cases it just makes things easier, especially for shipping/transporting.

I seem to recall a long time ago when I worked in Currys, if people bought back items that were faulty without the boxes, we were told to give them the replacement item without the box. No idea why as it meant we still had to dispose of the box.

Soldato
aKvmMW9.jpg

I keep pretty much all the boxes for my PC parts, as I find it makes selling them for a decent price much much easier.
I've recently(ish) sold a FE 3060Ti, 2060 and some Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, and I got top dollar and the items sold super fast, because (I believe) they were packaged in their original boxes.

Back
Top Bottom