Do you have a Nice Boss or Scrooge Boss?

Soldato
As we are getting closer to Christmas we got onto the subject of working Christmas Day :(

Now because of the way our shift falls we will work much more Christmas' than have off. It should work out that they are spread evenly over the years but the leap year losses us time off.

Well to add to the joy of working on Christmas day we have just been told that we are not even getting paid double wage like we have every other year, which made it a little easier.

He won't even let us book Christmas off between us. Big blanket ban for a four week period. We all get paid extra for working weekends, nights and bank holidays but out of our groups only half of us work most the holidays.

Only recently did we have to force him through HR to pay us for attending team meeting on our days off.

I have also been promoted to being in charge of a team and have a promise of extra money when the red tape allows it. Been saying this for 2 years now.

He on the other hand is just about to take his 4th holiday and currently looking at buying another new car and house. :eek:

So who else out there has a Scrooge for a boss? Could be worse I guess :p

Soldato
I work at an investment bank so we have the usually holiday, normally get to go home early on xmas eve and new years eve. I asked for the week after xmas off but we already have 4 people off and have to wait and see :(

Generally my boss is alright though :)

Soldato
Technically the office is shut but it depends on whats happening with the projects, offshore/mobilisations/demobs etc don't see it as a holiday so were kinda stuck if what we are working on is in one of those phases.

KaHn

Caporegime
Only recently did we have to force him through HR to pay us for attending team meeting on our days off.

Oh dear.

I have also been promoted to being in charge of a team and have a promise of extra money when the red tape allows it. Been saying this for 2 years now.

Oh dear.

He on the other hand is just about to take his 4th holiday and currently looking at buying another new car and house. :eek:

Good on him :p.

He does indeed sound like a scrooge but you sound like a bit of a mug, sitting through that for so long.

Soldato
OP
He does indeed sound like a scrooge but you sound like a bit of a mug, sitting through that for so long.

Yeah well it is easy to say just quit. I have a mortgage and young family so it would be a little reckless to just leave.

The job is still a good job, and I have very little to do with my bosss on a day to day basis. Our work has evolved so much since he was involved he probably doesn't even know what we do anymore.

I also do have many open discussions with him about the situation but he certainly does only look after himself. The thread wasn't mainly about him ####### on me. More that he isn't a very nice person.

There isn't many jobs that I know of that have the freedom that I get so I can't complain. But that doesn't stop my boss being a #### :p

I have to work between Christmas and New Year's Day because of the nature of my role (customer service) but I think my boss is excellent. He's the type of guy who checks that everyone is ok and is more than happy to assist if we're not sure of something. Knows the formalities etc but up for a laugh too.

Associate
We have a rule that one member of our team (of 4) has to be in over the Christmas period. I tend to offer to take that as the other members have children. I could get it off if I wanted though, so I guess nice boss.

Soldato
OP
My manager is a total milf.
She's 40, with the body of a fit 21 year old.

I guess that automatically makes her nice.

You win :D

For any of you 2000AD readers, I once worked for the woman who modelled for the artwork for the character judge hershey. And she was just as nice in real life.

She didn't know much about the actual comic so I asked her about it and she knew the artist personally. I thought she was joking but the next day she brought in sketches signed to her.

That was my best ever boss :D

That was about 15 years ago tho :(

Back
Top Bottom