Do you have anything next to your bed?

Soldato
There's a noise in the night. A clatter, the creek of a floorboard or the seemingly interior mumblings of a nogooder.

Do you have anything near you to defend yourself/your family, or at the least intimidate or restrain? Or is your plan more passive; call it in knowing anything is under a home security camera?

Quarterstaffs and Mac 10s aside, interested in serious answers.

Soldato
I have a few knifes knocking around the bedroom. Most trusted is my ESEE5. We got a large dog for the same reason but he is a soft **** who just want's cuddles.

Live in a pretty rough area though it's quieter now. used to get broken into at least 4 times a year 10 years ago.

Soldato
room is kinda half indoor workshop too, so i have any number of sharp or heavy objects knocking around the general vicinity.

tbf though this is a really quiet area, no real worries of people trying to break in, if they ever did i'd probably end up flapping round like a headless chicken trying to find something to whack them with even though there's plenty of stuff available.

Soldato
There's a noise in the night. A clatter, the creek of a floorboard or the seemingly interior mumblings of a nogooder.

Do you have anything near you to defend yourself/your family, or at the least intimidate or restrain? Or is your plan more passive; call it in knowing anything is under a home security camera?

Quarterstaffs and Mac 10s aside, interested in serious answers.
If there is a clatter at night in my neighbourhood from a nogooder it the drunk occupant of this house, I dont mean the missus or the nipper. :)

No clamours in my garden!

Soldato
As Jason Manford said, if there's a noise in the night it's guaranteed to be either (a) boring or (b) dangerous :p

I have a Maori spear just outside the bedroom door. When the London riots happened I did make sure it was close to hand.. That said when a picture crashed off the wall downstairs into our wooden kitchen floor (heck of a noise) at 3am my girlfriend was down there before I'd even sat up in bed and processed why I'd woken up! :D

Back
Top Bottom