1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have anything next to your bed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Russinating, 10 Sep 2017.

1. adolf hamster

Sgarrista

would likely do a decent job of scaring them off, but i'd hate to have to end up using it, sounds like a legal nightmare if you had to blast their eyes out.

i do keep my airsoft stash in my room, but for the sake of sensibility i don't bother keeping them loaded, "hand on, these speedloaders can be a bit finnicky" probably isn't something you want to be shouting down the stairs :D :D :D

2. Hades

Caporegime

I use the same method of defence.

3. xxalxx

Wise Guy

2 Amstaffs, pretty safe here :)

4. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Maglite 2D.

5. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It's not loaded, and it's only a spring coil, single shot 0.177. But it's metal built with a walnut handle so it looks real at a glance. Worst case scenario it'll serve as something I can hit them over the head to defend myself more than anything. I am not that good a shot to take their eye out !

6. stewski

Mobster

*quietly tapes over the webcam :)

7. robfosters

Caporegime

Never thought of that. If I blinded the intruder in one eye with 3 or 4 well placed pellets, would I be nicked for GBH and prosecuted? I'd like to to think it would come under self defence.

8. Woden

Soldato

I did ju-jisu until my mid-twenties, I have a few swords under my bed.

9. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

If you could place 4 pellets in one eye you'd be getting called up for the olympics.

Srsly, though, it's all fact and degree. How much danger did you think you were in, did you really need to shoot, etc.

Anyway, if I heard anything I'd call the police and hunker down. If they want the crap downstairs they can have it, I've got insurance. If they want to come upstairs and take me on then they're probably better equipped than me no matter what I've got.

10. stewski

Mobster

Seriously though, depending on where you live what's the statistical chances of the threat and or having a weapon helping?

Even where I grew up (which was about as rough as the UK gets), it's hardly the west bank ffs, statistically you might as well worry about building a meteorite deflector :)

11. Street

Sgarrista

I've got a few ice axes in my room I could use in a push, however when I was actually broken into, I snored my way right through it.

12. Rannoch

Soldato

In Edinburgh a small baseball bat and co2 gun, they are handy not really for protection. In the Highlands a very powerful torch that turns night into day, no crime here but any would be assailants would be temporarily blinded for sure as it's pitch black outside and indoors.

13. mattyg

Sgarrista

Id rather just lock my bedroom door and call the police.
    I'm insured and would be up if I claimed as I have loads of crap I wouldnt buy again.

14. ianh

Soldato

A 32GB memory stick I keep forgetting to take into work, my phone and an alarm clock.

I'm a 20 stone hairy fat man who sleeps naked so it'd be easy to find the burglars, just look for the poor blokes pouring bleach into their eyes while wailing hypnotically about what can't be unseen! :D

15. kindai

Sgarrista

Frostmourne.

[​IMG]

No seriously :D

Though not a good option as no room to swing it, and its not sharp, maybe the sight of someone with a giant sword would scare them off.

16. sigma

Capodecina

Remember these are all weapons that could easily end up being used on you or your family. I wouldn't use anything sharp...

I saw a video of a car being stolen off someone's drive (bright security lights were on) and three guys stood around, two with weapons primed (as if playing baseball)...

A pro boxer nearly died after trying to stop two burglars.

17. grudas

Capodecina

Nothing.. :o used to have bats all over the house when I lived in North London..

18. norm

Soldato

Same.

19. bluesouljah

Hitman

I have something that could be used in every room. Had incidents such as a drunk druggy come in and threaten to stab me in the head if I didn't go to the cash point with him and empty my account. I also study Krav Mags now.

20. kindai

Sgarrista

Our plan is actually not to let them in the house, or if they really want in it will make so much noise and take them so long the plod will be tapping them on the shoulder while they are still trying to get in.

Just waiting on the frame bonded security film for the back living room window to be fitted, once that is in the easiest way in will be up a ladder and through the upstairs windows...