do you leave your computer switched on 24/7

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Then they need to pay more to encourage them to use less.
That method won't work. Smoking is a classic example.

My server rack containing UPS, router, switch, modem and NAS is continuously on. Items in the rack like PS4, Bluray, AV receiver and sat box are switched on when required.

All other items (minus fridge) are switched off at the wall when not in use. Laptop is either in sleep or off depending on the charge and urgency of use.

Don
Microserver runs 24/7 because it manages my downloads overnight (yes, I'm one of the people who still has crappy broadband in 2018 despite living in the middle of Silicon Valley UK)
My main PC is always on but in S3 sleep so that my backup jobs can wake it up.
Shed PC is also usually in S3 sleep.

Actually, don't think many of our devices are ever completely off. Laptops usually just have their lids closed etc.

Soldato
I switch mine off, mainly because it takes about 8 seconds to boot up, and if I shut the laptop down and there are apps left open, they now seem to jump straight up since the last update as if it was standby.

Soldato
My server is on 24/7 though I have every power saving option turned on. I don’t turn off my iMac either - I just put it to sleep when I’m finished. Just as well as the power button is in a stupid place!

Caporegime
Only when my leccie was free.

Now. No way. Plus it's in my bedroom, and even though the noise doesn't bother me the daft LEDS do.

No idea why I got a windowd case, I suppose because I got a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom