Do you prefer to game on small monitor or big HDTV?

Permabanned
I must say mmo games are much better with a massive screen, also anything large scale like total war games.

I actually tend to play these games more if I'm using a large screen.

For daily usage a 22" monitor is about right for me, which is what I have.

Soldato
I prefer to play everything but racing and sport games with KB+M on my Monitor.

I tried DXHR on a big 40"+ LCD but I didn't like how the UI elements were all so small (if only it was a console port).

Associate
I moved from a 32" 1360x768 HDTV to a 24" 1920x1080 Monitor for PC and Console gaming and for the most part I prefer the Monitor in my (at a desk) setup.

Soldato
I like to game on my black and white 14" CRT TV with a spectrum 48k plugged into it. Go, go Manic Miner!

Seriously though - FPS and RTS on my 22" monitor and all other games on the 42" TV.

Associate
Depends what mood i'm in and what game, i have a few options 1. TripleHead 2 Go (3 screens @ 3840 x 1024) 2. 42" Plasma or my new toy 3. Acer H5360 3D projector with Nvidia 3D kit. It also depends on what mood i'm in if i use the Nvidia glasses or not.

Soldato
I use option 1 though that's is just the way things are set up in my house.

I have a 46" tv in the lounge and I keep meaning to bring the pc in for some big screen action. I will need to bring my audioengine speakers through as well, otherwise the sound in the lounge would be much worse than at my desk. It will make the lounge a bit messy with cables everywhere , so I think I need do wait for a weekend when my wife and daughter are away!

I am thinking it would need to be driving games and platform games. I think I generally much prefer mouse and keyboard, but I could maybe put up with playing the likes of assassins creed or dead space on the pad, with the benefit of sitting on my couch.

Soldato
Option 1 for me.

I tried the PC to large screen LCD a while back and while I could see some of the benefits, most noticeably was the comfort of sitting on your sofa with a wireless mouse and keyboard, I just couldnt 'play' the game the same as I would at a desk with the screen much closer to me. I even tried using a beanbag close to the LCD TV to 'immerse' myself a bit more but it still didnt work as good. Maybe Im just so used to a desk and monitor that anything else just dosent work for me. Also, most of my game playing is first person shooters, so its a no brainer that accuracy is much better sat on a chair, at a desk and the screen nice and close.

However, if you are a driving game fan then give it a try as the handful of driving games I tried when sat on the sofa were great fun, crisp graphics on a big screen. It felt very 'console-like', you could even get a PC 360 controller to make it even better maybe.

Associate
Or maybe just put the tv on the desk :confused:

Am I missing something

big screen tv on a desk? :confused:

I sit on my comfy sofa with 42" 1080p, surround sound and headphones with AV amp (not at the same time lol), wireless keyboard and mouse, and pull the desk over my lap, its low enough to be able to do that with and extends into your seating position unlike every other desk/table i've seen.

Associate
25" 1080p HP monitor which is really nice with keyboard and mouse

but im building a living room gaming pc thats quiet to connect to my 84" 1080p projector

Associate
Depends what game 2bh.

Any type of shotting game its monitor with a mouse and keyboard. Anything button mashy or a sports game then i play it on the sofa with the HDTV and a controller

This.

I can sit comfortably on my pc chair for hours but I can't sit on my sofa for hours

Back
Top Bottom