Do you prefer to game on small monitor or big HDTV?

Permabanned
So take me as an example.

40" HDTV
22" LCD

This week I have been playing Deus ex HR. NOW I had 2 choices:

1. monitor plus keys and mouse sit at desk (obvioulsy only 1600x1050 in my case)

or

2. Play on HDTV use 360 controller and lie on bed.

I chose option 2.

However, I think that playing at desk on monitor can be more immersive like you are in the game? And I notice more details sitting that close. Anyone else think this?

Obviously the big tv controller advantage is comfort.

As for competitive online fps gaming keys+mouse is essential.

Soldato
Depends what game 2bh.

Any type of shotting game its monitor with a mouse and keyboard. Anything button mashy or a sports game then i play it on the sofa with the HDTV and a controller

Associate
It depends on what im playing, if its a MMO or shooter then i prefer to be infront of my moniter but if its racing like F1 for instance then i love been infront of the big tv with the wheel mounted in front of me..

Associate
Depends on the game for me.

RPG's, Stratagies, FPS I tend to want to be close to the action and the closer I sit to a game the less likely I am to be destracted.

Fighting, Sports, Racing Games I tend to go big screen, they require, in most cases, shorter attention spans. So I prefer to sit back and play.

Soldato
Yeah it does depends on the game. CS:S and other "important" games need to be played at a desk.

Stuff like GTA or Virtua Tennis 4 etc, I definitely prefer to lie on the sofa and play on the 46 incher with my 360 controller.

Last edited:
Associate
I sit on my sofa with my 32" 1080p TV right in front of me. My 2nd monitor is a 20" 1680x1050 sat on my desk, so I can move my wireless keyboard and mouse around with me depending on my mood. Mainly play on my TV though.

Back
Top Bottom