Do you regularly clean your Toaster?

Associate
Nope. It's one of those things that pops into my head to do once in a while and I usually ignore it, then after way too long I finally get around to doing it and it's completely minging.

Soldato
I have a self cleaning toaster. The crumbs build up in the bottom of it until they are high enough to be ignited by the elements. After a small fire the crumbs are gone.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
About every 2 weeks.

Recently bought a pos Russell Hobbs kettle/toaster set for approx £20 to add to our new place. Damn toaster is predictably almost already dead (dodge elements) and I hate throwing away appliances.

Soldato
I think our toaster is our most used kitchen appliance item other than the coffee machine.

If I could get all of my nutritional needs from buttery toast I'd probably live off of it

Associate
I'd clean mine if I had any respect for it. It has one job and it is useless at it.

Recommendations for a one worthy of cleaning. I have a Dualit and it's pants.

In what way is it useless? Toasting bread is pretty straightforward, and I can't say I've ever come across a toaster that doesn't do it adequately.

If that's just your excuse for not cleaning it then fair play :D

Soldato
I'd clean mine if I had any respect for it. It has one job and it is useless at it.

Recommendations for a one worthy of cleaning. I have a Dualit and it's pants.

They're all pretty much the same, i've not found an expensive one works any better than a cheap one.

Normally you're just paying for different functions, or a 4 slice v 2 slice.

Ours probably only gets used a couple of times a month, so i reckon easily 3-6 months before emptying the crumb tray.

Back
Top Bottom