Do you use Screen Protectors on your iPads?

Soldato
I never had one on my Gen 4, just one of the magnetic covers for when not in use.

Just got the 10.2 2021 and wondering if screen protectors are worth considering like you would on a phone?

That's said a phone imo is more prone to scratches being in a pocket and carried around all day. My iPad will usually only be used at home.

Also after case recommendations if there's any "best" ones to consider.

Or do people tend to just go for Apple Care and be careful?

Associate
Yeah I stick a tempered glass screen protector on my iPad when it 1st opened from the box. I just use a basic case with ESR or another bongo brand from the rainforest to protect it whilst carrying it around.

Soldato
OP
It's an interesting mix of results here.

Tbh I looked at my aging iPad 4 when setting up my new one. No protector after what 8ish years if not more? Most of which has been spent in a draw, moved houses with us been on holidays when it was new and it's screen is in really good shape except a few very minor surface marks.

I'm thinking just get a similar case with a front cover and maybe consider Apple care

Commissario
rainforest
Not only can you say Amazon but you can link directly to the product if you want.

I've never had a screen protector on any iPad I've owned. Neither had any of my family until someone managed to crack a screen without knowing how and since then, they always put one on as soon as it comes out of the box. I only use one iPad now and that's a iPad2 which sits in my shack displaying a clock so it's never touched!

Soldato
I’m surprised to see the percentage of people that say they do use one. I’ve never once entertained the thought of applying a screen protector to any tablet I’ve owned. I’ve dabbled with screen protectors on a phone or two but generally end up removing them after a while.

Soldato
For those who don't use one, do you use the apple pencil? Does it cause any issues? I know a lot of people use the 'paper feel' screen protectors if they take a lot of notes.

Soldato
No. I’ve always used the official keyboard/folio cases and it’s not like the phone where it’s going in a pocket or might be dropped out and out.

Got the pencil but use the Pen.Tips nib cover as it makes it less clacky.

Soldato
I have always fitted a screen protector on my phones the minute I got it out the box. Never fitted one to my ipads though. Main reason is that they're always in a case with a screen cover and pretty much only ever used at home where it's extremely unlikely to get damaged.

Soldato
OP
I have always fitted a screen protector on my phones the minute I got it out the box. Never fitted one to my ipads though. Main reason is that they're always in a case with a screen cover and pretty much only ever used at home where it's extremely unlikely to get damaged.
This matches my use case tbh so I'm going to leave it be, ordered a case with the front cover flap etc.

What about Apple care? Is that worth considering

Soldato
Nope, iPads are not pocket devices which are constantly in and out (potential for grit, coins, keys etc), sometimes dropped outside on tarmac etc.

I get it if you had young kids but otherwise no.

Soldato
OP
Happy few days into ownership without.

Got a case with the flappy from cover and that will do for me. May go for Apple care as my son may use it from time to time but debating if that's even worth it

Back
Top Bottom