Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Soldato
Once again, The Critical Drinker has saved me from wasting any time or money on MCU’s Phase 4 bobbins.
Just randomly came across his video today and skimmed it. His knowledge is low where he says avengers are called illuminati for some reason. Not sure if there were more mistakes.

Soldato
Just randomly came across his video today and skimmed it. His knowledge is low where he says avengers are called illuminati for some reason. Not sure if there were more mistakes.
If I remember correctly he was talking about the superheroes in the parallel universe that are called the illuminati.

Caporegime
What could've been a 90 minute blast turned in to a dragged out disaster with completely irrelevant scenes and cameos stuffed in for the sake of it. The film felt like that drunk dude at a party staggering around trying to impress everyone and just falling flat on his arse.

As a former die-hard Marvel fan, seeing these once beloved characters in this rubbish is rather disappointing.

That Olsen girl's performance was excellent though.

Half of the film was an 8, the half that was seemingly shoved in to appease everyone was a 4, so I'm averaging them at a 6.

Soldato
If I remember correctly he was talking about the superheroes in the parallel universe that are called the illuminati.
Yes because illuminati are a group that have some members from avengers and others include black panther, Charles, neymor and others. They are a legit group formed to make hard decisions.

I believe this (long) video covers it

Caporegime
It was...not great. Could have been so much more. I thought the character moments were really good, especially with Wanda.
I really hope that isn't the last we see of her

Too much fan service that unlike Spiderman didn't actually support the film. Hailey Atwell deserved better really. The pacing was weird and it couldn't really decide what it wanted to be.

Soldato
It was entertaining but the story wasn’t good enough to lift the film higher than that. Most of the actors did a good job although is Lysander Lynch likeable in anything? Don’t know watch she’s like in real life but of the few characters I’ve seen her play they’re all unlikeable.

This feels like a bit of a missed opportunity, whilst the cameos were nice I can’t help but think that they were an unnecessary luxury in a film that needed a more solid script.

Permabanned
The movie started as if it was already 20mins into it didn't it? So if you were walking into the cinema as it was starting you would feel as if you had missed something that explained what the hell is going on.
The Mad Balls alien type thing was just horrible CGI as if they didn't even try to make it look good.
I didn't have a vlue what the Wanda thing was as I don't have Disney+ and watched it feeling lost. waste of money tbh.

KRB-TRLCG037-CA_1200x.jpg

Soldato
Jesus Christ was a complete mess that was, it's like it was written by a class of 10 year olds as school project and everyone got to have at least 1 idea into the script.

People can subjectively enjoy this film, and no-one can say that they're wrong but objectively this film is dog****. I mean obviously we can't think of this film as "cinema" like we could the Batman Trilogy or Joker, but even as throwaway popcorn trash it is terrible even when we lower the bar.

Associate
I think it was getting too complex for its own good - just seemed to try and go to another level or layer each time.
I found the take over the dead Dr. Strange thing a step too far

I think the highlight was Wanda with Elizabeth Olsen again really making the character convincing - I felt quite moved at the end.

It didn't seem too long and had no baggy middle like that latest Spiderman. The Eternals was disappointing, quite slow and just way too long -
nearly three hours just to see them freeze a giant robot

Soldato
Not the best Marvel film I've watched but far from the worst imo - my biggest gripe is that is allegedly a 12a - really??

As a dad of 2 boys, 9 and 11, I'd have been horrified watching it with them, they would have nightmares for weeks!

I can't figure out how to do the spoiler tag on my phone but there are more than a few parts that are in no way, shape or form suitable for under 12's imo!

Caporegime
I think it's a testament really to what Marvel Studios have done - That you can say the film isn't even in the top 20 MCU movies and still that doesn't mean it's a bad movie.

I certainly wouldn't put it in the bottom 5 with the likes of The Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor: Dark World etc....and even those are watchable.

Give me two 105 minutes of Ed Norton's Hulk over something like Batman vs Superman which was ponderous.

Back
Top Bottom