Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Really enjoyed it, some cracking SFX and cumberbatch brings some great gravitas to the roll. A solid 8 / 10

Soldato
Watched it for the first time last night on Disney+. Was completely bored and waiting for it to end.

Audio was damn near excellent on an Atmos setup. Wanda was superb yet terrifying. The film overall felt just messy.

Soldato
Some initial reviews i'd read this morning had been reported that Thor 4 is actually quite good. Not sure if it was a biased site, but of the 6-7 excerpts of peoples opinion from the press screenings only 1 didn't rate it that well.

Soldato
I was surprised to find myself kinda bored throughout this. Not sure why, as it had all the elements to be good. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood.
The one bit that put a smile on my face was the X-Men cartoon theme playing when Professor X turned up. That was a nice touch.

Soldato
OP
Enjoyed it, scarlet witch seems so OP though compared to what we have seen of her in the other movies. Guess the book of the damned super charged her some what but still.
The Scarlet Witch hasn't really been in anything before except the finale of WandaVision, there's just been Wanda learning a few new tricks. And don't forget, before she even knew of the Scarlet Witch persona Wanda very nearly handed Thanos his own arse on her own in Endgame. He only lived because he panicked and called down airstrikes on his own army.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So disappointing, the Illuminati was awesome (I didn't watch any trailers or teasers, so had no idea it was coming), and the Bruce Campbell/Raimi/punching self nod got a laugh, but the rest just a big let down.

No Way Home did a MUCH better job multiversing things, I wanted to see more alternate heroes/villains and stuff.

5/10 as the sfx were gorgeous in 4k.

Soldato
5/10. Dont think I can watch this a 2nd time. Part 1 > Part 2 easily

There were what, 4 doctor strange where the 1 that was killed by black bolt, hardly saw any interaction from him. They explored 3 universes? There are multiple darkholds but only 1 book of vishanti? Like really?

Illuminati getting dispatched 1 after the other, come on now. Horrible movie. This is more of a Wanda vision movie than doctor strange.

Caporegime
5/10. Dont think I can watch this a 2nd time. Part 1 > Part 2 easily

There were what, 4 doctor strange where the 1 that was killed by black bolt, hardly saw any interaction from him. They explored 3 universes? There are multiple darkholds but only 1 book of vishanti? Like really?

Illuminati getting dispatched 1 after the other, come on now. Horrible movie. This is more of a Wanda vision movie than doctor strange.

Well we did learn that the Darkhold was just a transcription of the stuff from Mt Wundagore, so multiples of that make sense, and the Book of Vishanti existed in a place outside of space/time or whatever.

Soldato
Oh and sinister strange didn't appear sinister at all. Who are you? What was our sisters name? Instead of playing with musical attacks, conjure up some monsters or something.

Back
Top Bottom