Doctor Who

Associate
That cant of been the first time he met her though can it? I mean she clearly had a whole massive number of times that she had met him before written in her book. If her life is going backwards compared to the Drs, then it makes sense for it to start with her "death" and then as the (tv) encounters pass she is progressing backwards whilst the doctor is progressing forwards until such time as she is younger whilst he is "older". Then again, its wibbly wobbly so they can pretty much make up whatever storyline they want and just say its all down to wibbly wobbly time :D

The Library was the first time the Doctor met her, from his point of view.

From Rivers point of view, it was the last time.

Rivers life from her perspective. (At least what we know).

>>Unknown date, she first meets the Doctor. The Doctor knows all about her, as from his point of view they've had many adventures.

>>We assume she has many adventures with The Doctor between the time she first meets him, and when she is summoned to 1969.

>>River is summoned to 1969 by an older version of the doctor.

>>River takes part in the Pandorica incident

>>River helps with the Crash of the Byzanthium and Weeping Angels

>>We can assume she has many more adventures with The Doctor between the Weeping Angels incident and her final trip to the Library.

>> River, who is now older visits the Library, she summons the Doctor using Psychic paper. She Meets the 10th Doctor. However, from his point of view, this is the first time he has met her. River dies, and her data ghost is uploaded to the Library virtual reality thingie.

>>

Last edited:
Associate
The child will turn out to be Amy's and Rory's but there will be some event in the future to explain why she has become timelordified. Probably the effects of time travel and the TARDIS on a developing feotus or something along those lines.

Certainly sounds plausible rather than the Doctor getting down with Amy (although I wouldn't blame him :D).

Soldato
First two were brilliant, that was absolutely **** I think I almost fell asleep :(

I thought it was ok, was one of those filler episodes. Interested to know who the crazy lady was who peeked out the hatch to Amy though, something to do with the silence i think since she seemed to forget it soon after and not mention it to the doctor.

Next weeks episode looks to be rather epic from that short trailer at the end!:D

Associate
I reckon it's Rory in the space suit. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Rory have that 'gun' in his 'hand'?

The 'Astronaut' puts sticks it's arm up and fires, much like how Rory would with his 'gun hand' thing.

The Doctor also says that he knows who it is when he approaches him... so yeah. That's my theory.

Associate
I reckon it's Rory in the space suit. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Rory have that 'gun' in his 'hand'?

The 'Astronaut' puts sticks it's arm up and fires, much like how Rory would with his 'gun hand' thing.

The Doctor also says that he knows who it is when he approaches him... so yeah. That's my theory.

The Rory that was brought back at the end of 'The Big Bang' was/is human so that can't be it.

Thought this episode was ok, i liked the twist at the end with the siren. Next weeks episode should be good.

Caporegime
It had a lot of holes in it.

Like they showed the siren coming out of the water and flying onto the boat, then made a big deal about getting rid of every reflective surface on the boat...why couldn't it just fly up from the sea again :confused:

And how did showing her wedding ring help convince this alien computer...bit handy that it knew human culture like that :p

Associate
And how did showing her wedding ring help convince this alien computer...bit handy that it knew human culture like that :p

Granted it was riddled with plot holes, but I think that particular one was to do with Pond crying. The alien nurse didn't seem to care until a tear ran down her cheek. Maybe recognising emotion or something. Meh.

Soldato

Like they showed the siren coming out of the water and flying onto the boat, then made a big deal about getting rid of every reflective surface on the boat...why couldn't it just fly up from the sea again :confused:

Well if you had of listened you would have heard them say that they had to wait in that gun powder room while the sea was calm and showing reflections on the surface. They only went to sale the ship when that storm started and the sea was too rough to reflect anything.

The doctor also explained that the siren being intelligent enough to understand when humans are hurt and in pain must also mean it should also recognise when they show love.

Associate
Last night's Pirate episode was bit iffy

Has the doctor just released a bunch of pirates out into space?
lol i dont think he thought that one through did he ^.^

Caporegime

It could only come from a surface presenting a clear reflection. So it came from the becalmed sea, the surface of the water in the barrel, and the polished metal of the treasure. So they ditched the treasure, the windows, etc, and stayed below decks to avoid the surface of the sea. When the wind picked up, the surface of the sea wasn't smooth any more, so they were safe above decks again, but the crown was unaffected by the wind, so gave a clear reflection still and the siren came through the crown.

Back
Top Bottom