Dodgy MSi X570 motherboard

Associate
Hello guys, so i advised my friend of buying new parts for his pc, we ordered amd 3800x , MPG X570 gaming plus, TG Vulcan T-Force 16gb 3200mhz ramm. he did put everything together. But now when he enter a bios, and he's going through bios menu, new menu window is displayed on the old one, so the screen gets corrupted as in this picture.
a>

has anyone had same problem? but it's not the only problem, his computer gets stuck when he enters windows, fresh install. We narrowed that to a faulty psu, as he was having same problem with his previous pc, was freezing up couple times a day, sometimes less. so he's about to get a new psu. Could it be that bios problem is related to faulty PSU, or is it a problem with mobo?
will update after he changes his psu.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello guys, so i advised my friend of buying new parts for his pc, we ordered amd 3800x , MPG X570 gaming plus, TG Vulcan T-Force 16gb 3200mhz ramm. he did put everything together. But now when he enter a bios, and he's going through bios menu, new menu window is displayed on the old one, sho all screen gets corrupted as in this picture.
a>

has anyone had same problem? but it's not the only problem, his computer gets stuck when he enters windows, fresh install. We narrowed that to a faulty psu, as he was having same problem with his previous pc, was freezing up couple times a day, sometimes less. so he's about to get a new psu. Could it be that bios problem is related to faulty PSU, or is it a problem with mobo?
will update after he changes his psu.
Thanks.
Did he buy a new Gpu or did this come from his old build?

Assuming the psu fixes the Windows crashing but not the bios issues then you should first try updating the bios. If this doesn't work I would probably RMA the board. If you do this then swap it for the gigabyte aorus elite.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did he buy a new Gpu or did this come from his old build?

Assuming the psu fixes the Windows crashing but not the bios issues then you should first try updating the bios. If this doesn't work I would probably RMA the board. If you do this then swap it for the gigabyte aorus elite.
Plus 1 for gigabyte elite

Back
Top Bottom