Does anyone actually find this weather good to clean in?

Soldato
I don't :(

Really sunny, muggy and warm.

Even if you wash your car in the shade, its still hot, so you still get your streaking.

You have to wash and rinse panel by panel, and if you dry in the sunlight hello swirls and holograms!

Only plus point is the car looks great when i do actually finish it :D

Soldato
I washed, clayed, polished and waxed today. Also cleaned the glass and treated the alloys to some WonderWheels. My god is that stuff good!!

Took about 4 hours.

Wasn't too bad until I had to sit inside the car to clean the glass... sweating like a pig I was :(

Soldato
Even worse for polishing or waxing.

I often see people polishing mid afternoon when its at it hottest, always have a chuckle.

I usually put the car in the garage and let it cool down before i polish, nicer for me and better for the car :D

Usually after 2/3pm the sun moves around the back of the house, so the top end of the drive is in the shade, ideal for washing the car, especially if i've just pulled it out of the garage!

Soldato
Been polishing today, thought it pointless to start a new thread..

P1010902.jpg

P1010910.jpg

Soldato
the cage is still there :(

Yep it is, in all honesty i've just not bothered to take it out. We put the GF's little girl in the back and the seat was fine in it, so i've just left it in there.

The guys on 206info seem to like it, so should i want to sell it i wouldn't have problem shifting it :)

Associate
Polished mine the other day - but it rained afterwards and coated the car is lovely yellow dust.

Soldato
I cleaned my car today and used some Turtle Wax. My god that stuff is a pain in the rectum to get off! It took me about an hour and a half to remove it all :( My back is in much pain.

It looks very clean and shiny though. :D

Permabanned
Nope, much preffer cloudy days when I used to do car cleaning!

Spend to much time polishing off dried up crap in the sun.

Soldato
Well that's ok then. :/

The guys over at the chav modified car club yo innit forum like their cars covered in stick on ripspeed attire. Doesn't make it worth liking.

It wasn't posted for me to think it gets someones approval, and if you hadn't cut out the rest of the post, it does actually say "so should i want to sell it i wouldn't have problem shifting it".

Soldato
Yep it is, in all honesty i've just not bothered to take it out. We put the GF's little girl in the back and the seat was fine in it, so i've just left it in there.

The guys on 206info seem to like it, so should i want to sell it i wouldn't have problem shifting it :)

LOL, I'd leave it. I've looked at a couple of scoobs that have cages (proper all over affairs) and been put off with having a little one in the back (my daughter) Even with lots of padding I wouldn't trust it. Just my 2p though.

On topic, I wouldn't polish a car in direct sun light especially when the metal was hot. If possible I'd do it in the garage out of direct sun light.

Soldato
Nah it's rubbish, dead flies all over the front too:(

One thing that is good about the weather is my tyres, Bridgestone Potenza's start to actually grip:p

I washed, clayed, polished and waxed today. Also cleaned the glass and treated the alloys to some WonderWheels. My god is that stuff good!!

Took about 4 hours.

Wasn't too bad until I had to sit inside the car to clean the glass... sweating like a pig I was :(

i did mine with cillit bang, did just a good of a job (if your tight fisted like me)

Soldato
You didn't polish it good enough. It's still a 206.

Joke mate. Looks good :)

The cage of fail is still there though :(