Does anyone else hate going to the barbers?

Permabanned
When I wore glasses I used to sit there blind, letting the guy get on with it and hoped for not too much of a shock at the end when I put my specs on.

lol i've never even thought about that.

bit risky sounding to me!

how many people have actually stopped a barber half way through though?

Associate
How can you not enjoy going to the barbers especially at this time of year i know all 6 barbers that work in 2 shops in the 2 villages near me (owned by the same people they switch around day to day) always a laugh in there sometimes i just pop in to see whats going on if there not busy. Its not uncommon to be talking to them about something like absinthe and about 2 Min's later they have sourced a bottle and glasses. Also if your scared about going to the barbers there's something seriously wrong with you or your just very socially awkward didn't your parents teach you to be social lol, maybe too much time on wow or cs i suggest you /quit.

Soldato
What a load of toss.

If you are expected to tip a hairdresser, you're probably paying way too much for some poncy haircut anyway.

Exactly, I would be highly embarrassed physically handing someone 50p after having my haircut. Almost makes them look like a beggar. They get free hair anyway, could knit any number of jumpers from that, probably. They probably collect it and sell it on ebay saying it was a lock from Elvis Presley.

Associate
used to hate it until i found a girl who can actually cut my hair how I want it cut. I still don't like going as such, but now its more cos I cant be bothered!

edit, I just read about tipping, I always do myself, but I certainly don't feel I have to. My cut costs £26, I just hand over £30.

Last edited:
Don
Yes, it's boring, and frankly, costs a fair whack over a year if you go every 4 weeks.

I used to cut my own hair, using a clippers and scissors combo, but I lost the confidence after not doing it for a while

Also, tipping a hair dresser/barber? No chance.

If anything, I get a reduced price for being a regular

Soldato
Don't really dislike it. I go to a unisex hair dressers and takes about 15 minutes out of my day (perhaps 20 at the most) the worst part is the wait to be seen too but typically that's only a few minutes.

It's quite relaxing if anything, though the little bits of hair that risk falling in to your eyes is annoying! :(

Soldato
I only go to unisex hairdressers, never barbers, they terrify me!

Also how exactly do you get them to do something different with your hair? I find that when I say "something different....surprise me" they look at me as if I've suddenly grown an extra head.

Last edited:
Soldato
I absolutley hate it. I always put it off and put it off until I have to go then I have to psych my self up for it on the way there. Always a ncie relief when it's over and done with though.

Thank god i thought i was the only one that felt like this. I never know what to ask for, im quite young too (23) so im supposed to be into this kind of stuff...

Associate
I had an italian hair dresser who would ask me "how do you want it?" To which I would reply "short."

He always did a good job. Haven't been in years, as I have a set of clippers and do a No2 all over.

Soldato
I like having my haircut on a friday , as once i get home and see my hair cut to how it should be , confidence spikes and i just look and feel dam sexy. This lasts for a week or 2 , and then its to long again :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm very lucky then :p

I don't enjoy the actualy hair cut, but I do enjoy the banter with the blokes that run the place I get mine cut.

It's a family ran shop and I've gone since I was a kid, the owners son's are only a few years older then me and are in to their football ( and football manager ) so it's always really good banter.

Friendly as well, I still get a lolly when I go :D

Soldato
I don't really like getting my hair cut - ends up being an awkward conversation about nothing much most of the time. Sometimes I find something good to talk about (eg the monster truck the guy helped to build!), but usually its all quite awkward as I don't really follow football/rugby/cricket etc... As for the actual haircutting, the place I go to does a good job, all for about £6 (I think), but I usually have trouble telling the guy how much hair I want taken off, usually end up going from the length I want on the ears, I don't really know how to describe it :/

But in the few weeks after the haircut, I feel more confident because I know my hair is still in the (tidy) state it left the house in, and don't have to worry about longer hair mutating into strange unwanted shapes as it does now...

Soldato
GF cuts mine but it's hard to do a bad job when I dont have a style as such. Although it's getting a bit thick, need some volume taken out of it so I don't look like a mushroom head.

Soldato
I had been going to the same barber for 14 years , everytime i sat down in the seat he would say " mohican " and have a little giggle to him self.

I had this said to me every month for 14 years thats 168 times i heard the same "joke"

Back
Top Bottom