1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone ever get random weird sounds from their Samsung/Android phone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by kissenger, 2 Aug 2019.

1. kissenger

Wise Guy

My other half used to get these weird sounds like a call ending — just a couple of beeps, but not a notification beep or anything like that — intermittently on her S7. I could never work out what was causing it, and now I'm getting them too!

They happen maybe once every couple of days, so no big deal, but just a really weird bug. Anyway, anyone else get this?

2. the_r_sole

Mobster

I had something happening on calls, random beeps, advice was to switch off the NFC which seems to have worked

3. ttaskmaster

Capodecina

NVM

Last edited: 1 Oct 2019
  4. LOAM

Capodecina

I've had a few recently, they sounded like the noise it makes when it's expecting you to say something into it's nice. I thought that's what it was actually.

5. LOAM

Capodecina

Reading around it's when an NFC card is near enough to be read by the phone. Makes sense in my situation as I had both my office access card and bus pass near it when it occurred.

6. matt100

Capodecina

Yeah if it's like a quiet bloop it may well be that. My S10+ does it when it's next to my wallet

7. Dazstoke

Gangster

I keep my phone in my top pocket and occasionally feel a vibration like I've got a notification but there's nothing there when I look

8. d_brennen

Capodecina

Mine does that occasionally, couple of times I've just glimpse it saying it can't recognise me, so something has upset the screen or fingerprint reader

9. matt100

Capodecina

There's also something buried in the settings somewhere that gives a small vibrate when you pick it up if there's a new notification. That drove me mad for ages.

Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Smart Alert

10. L33

Wise Guy

You could install Samsung's "nice catch" to find out what is causing it. It is a part of the good lock suite.

Article: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...ry-of-app-actions-on-your-phone-apk-download/