Does anyone ever steal your food/drinks from the staff fridge?

When moving office I found 8 very out of date double deckers, I mean about 3 years out of date. Seeing as we has suspected food was being stolen I put 4 in the fridge, I warned all the staff not to touch them, then waited...

A few weeks later one of the directors who was having a meeting with me and 2 other directors came skipping in with 4 double deckers in his hand, proceded to hand them out and then open one up and was about to eat it, one of the others who I had mentioned the food stealing and double decker trap to spilt the beans and stopped him eating it.

Funniest thing to me was the other person in the room was my boss (the MD) who turned to me and said "you thought I would eat them didnt you". My reply "if the cap fits"

Taking others food is theiving plain and simple. If I caught anyone doing it I would call the police and report a theft.

Soldato
OP
Taking others food is theiving plain and simple. If I caught anyone doing it I would call the police and report a theft.

Little much calling the police. Just confront the person yourself. Unless that person was was an ass and was stealing just your food... then again, how would you prove to the police that the food was actually yours?

Soldato
Yeah I understand that they themselves would be stealing - but I wonder if they could sue you :p I can imagine it appearing in the news these days :p

When I had something stolen from the work fridge I said I was going to do something nasty to catch the person stealing..

A little while later I got warned not to do it for various reasons by senior staff.

Was working at the NHS at the time.

I "could" have just done it without saying but then I figured they may be some back fire if I had just gone ahead and done it..

Soldato
My office is really bad for theft. My boss had his camera stolen. The thief removed the safety cord from the camera and stuffed it in the case to make it look like it was still there. The camera may have been stolen months before my boss noticed.

Food goes missing all the time from our fridges. I have lock boxes of cereal away if I take any in.

Soldato
Luckily my work place is friendly we had an ipod stolen once in the office, think the guy was caught on camera and sacked.

We have acommunal fridge for the entire company so if someone takes something it could be anyone. Happened to my instant curry. Pretty sure I know who it was, but it was also Friday when the cleaners chuck away stuff that is out of date. Not that this was.

If I knew for sure I would confront them and demand an appology and my money back. no one messes with me.

And it cost £3 + I had to walk to the shop again at night to get more food. Fair enough to be slightly annoyed I feel.

Associate
I don't know how frequent it is at our work but there was one occasion when a lady had her sandwiches stolen and she sent a very angry email to the whole building. Bosses, investors, everyone.

She still works there and I understand her pain. I don't use the work fridges for the very reason that if I caught someone eating my stuff I'd go mental. I don't need a disciplinary :p

Associate
Happens all the time at work, management dont care. Seems someone has been eating for free for a while now and helps themselves to teabags and milk.

So now i dont use the fridges.

Caporegime
Yup.

Used to be an old guy at where I used to work who'd do this :) never took his own food! haha

He normally would take mine, in the end I just made more.

He was such a nice guy, had lived an amazing (really amazing) life across europe as a child during World War II as scary as it was amazing to be honest.

He used to walk to work iirc as well, which was bloody miles and if anyone saw him walking would give him a lift (which was pretty much every day) :D

Such a nice bloke, knowledgeable and spoke so many languages :)

Soldato
Make a sandwich with THIS and THIS soaked in THIS

Maximum sentence of around 10years - serves them right if they steal your food!!!

DISCLAIMER: DOING THIS WILL PROBABLY KILL THEM. PUT A DISCLAIMER ON THE SANDWICH. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MORONS STEALING YOUR SANDWICHES

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom