Does anyone here have in ceiling speakers ??

Soldato
Do any you guys use in ceiling speakers for your TV 5.1 setup ??

And can anyone recommend any ?

I have been looking at these motorised Ci3-80QT Kef ones but there far from cheap
http://www.kef.com/html/gb/showroom...eries/fact_sheet/rectangle/ci380qt/index.html

kef.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got some and a big point i'll make is to not underestimate sound leakage. I'd say the sound is about the same in the floor above as in the room they're playing in unless you invest a lot in some pretty good quality sound absorbing work

Soldato
OP
I've got some and a big point i'll make is to not underestimate sound leakage. I'd say the sound is about the same in the floor above as in the room they're playing in unless you invest a lot in some pretty good quality sound absorbing work
Much thanks.......

I never even thought about the sound leakage from ceiling speakers :o

Soldato
It's unbelievable, we had some Bose ones installed in the kitchen, and although they weren't quite as bad as what Marvt experienced, they did end up getting unplugged as I couldn't listen to anything in my room without headphones when they were on.

The guy who spec'd up the job never thought to suggest some sort of sound deadening either.

Soldato
I've got 2 Monitor Audio C265-FX In-Ceiling Speaker for my rears, the front ones are installed in the wall.

Got speakers - simple to install, very happy with the sound and quality. I had no need to to much worries about sound leakage etc as it's in a garage conversion that has nothing above it. I did pack the area with rockwool insulation just as a matter of course but sound is good.

Associate
a friend has some in her kitchen ceiling and they sounded great in the kitchen but i never got to go upstairs with her.... so i guess the isolation issues could be a problem as people have mentioned in a modern house with thin walls and ceilings etc..

Back
Top Bottom