Does Anyone Know where the X399 Motherboards are?

Associate
Hi Folks, so I've been waiting what seems like forever to build a new workstation PC and have decided to build a Threadripper based system, so imagine my happy face when the CPUs were released last week, I leapt onto the site to put together a parts list and maybe place an order.

What did I find, well you can buy the chip but there are no motherboards available for you to put the chip in. I've contacted the Overclockers people via their enquiries but they were unable to give me any dates for when the X399 motherboards will be available.

Has anyone seen any of these boards available anywhere else or have any idea when they might be available to the consumer? It seems incredibly stupid to me for there to be a £999 CPU available but for there to not be any boards to buy along with it? How do AMD expect to sell the chip if you can't actually use it for anything?

Soldato
According to 8pack, Taichi was due to arrive today and start sending them out tomorrow.
Regarding the rest no clue.

Some board like the Carbon haven't even being reviewed by anyone, which suggests end of the month or September availability.

It will take time imho for stock and boards to show up. Look at the X299 platform the boards are been announced 3-4 months now and nothing yet 2months after the CPU release. That includes the most gorgeous board ever, the EVGA Dark.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Zenith is in stock @ OCUK and ASRock Professional Gaming in stock elsewhere (wont link for obvious reasons).

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

1.4v

It did 3466 with c14 and booted at 3600 with c18, but I didnt have time to do much testing as stopgap aio had to go back to a friend. Currently waiting on eks wb to finalise build.

Soldato
is that the one in black and gold? I'm a sucker for those colours looks really nice if its the board I'm thinking.
No is this one with the M2 fan cooling, and the one Kingpin uses for overclocking the X299. Which one you have in mind?

151-SX-E299.png

Back
Top Bottom