Does anyone own an LG 38UC99 or LG 43UD79-B?

Associate
Does anyone on here own either of these monitors who could give their opinions please? Or similar big ultrawide. Holding back on buying a PC until I decide on the monitor.

Started off wanting a 27", then looked at TV's and now really like the look of the LG & Dell 38" ultrawides. Just not quite sure if the black bars on certain things would bother me or not. Which is when I came across the 43" LG.

More for productivity than gaming.

Soldato
Does anyone on here own either of these monitors who could give their opinions please? Or similar big ultrawide. Holding back on buying a PC until I decide on the monitor.

Started off wanting a 27", then looked at TV's and now really like the look of the LG & Dell 38" ultrawides. Just not quite sure if the black bars on certain things would bother me or not. Which is when I came across the 43" LG.

More for productivity than gaming.

@JediFragger had the LG I believe and can probably weigh in?

Associate
Strictly for productivity I think you get far better value from a dual monitor system. Even if that's a 34" and a 27" or two 27"s, either way you get a massive workspace, way bigger than a single monitor.

Associate
OP
@Pocah Thanks but I definitely don't want 2 monitors. I'll be doing more productivity to begin with (it's not professional use) but no doubt use it for gaming quite a bit.

I'm currently thinking of either the 38" LG Ultrawide or maybe the 34" Asus Rog Swift. Trying to decide if the extra hz & G-sync is worth losing a few inches.

Associate
OP
i have the lg 38uc99 and used mainly for gaming, had it a while and still pleased with it
Do you use an AMD or Nvidia GPU with it? I was looking at possible alternatives with a higher refresh rate and/or G-Sync. I’ve never gamed on a pc before & hoped not to encounter too much screen tearing.

Soldato
Do you use an AMD or Nvidia GPU with it? I was looking at possible alternatives with a higher refresh rate and/or G-Sync. I’ve never gamed on a pc before & hoped not to encounter too much screen tearing.
I use amd, I have had a 290 and now a Vega 56, both worked well.
JediFragger used nvidia on his so he could give you more help on that

Back
Top Bottom