Does anyone use a 24inch monitor with their Playstation 2?

Associate
At present I have a 26inch Samsung LCD TV which I use as my PC monitor, my TV and also for my PS2. For a little while I have been thinking of getting a 24inch monitor for my PC.

I don't have room for both and would love the 24inch monitor for my PC screen, I don't watch much TV in my room so losing out on that doesn't really bother me.

My only concern is what does the PS2 look like when run on a 24inch monitor? It doesn't look too bad scaled upto 1360x768 but my question is what does it look like scaled up to 1920x1200? I am using the official Sony component cables by the way.

Anyone using a PS2 on a big monitor?

Associate
OP
I didn't want to start a new thread but have been looking at getting dual 19-22 inch monitors instead of the single 24 inch. Are there any 19-22 inch screens out there that have the component input as well as DVI/VGA?

My total screen budget is going to be around 300-350.

Associate
It does indeed look like crap, the PS2's res output is so low (something like 640 x 480) that it looks like a massive blurry turd.

TV's usually do sharpening and other enhancements to to picture, but because monitors lack a lot these enhancements as they dont need them the PS2 looks like crap on one.

Basically just run some old game with bad graphics (like a PS2 game) and lower the res to 640 x 480 and thats how your PS2 will look. Maybe even worser as its output picture quality also sucks and dont come close to VGA or DVI connection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom