1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it pay off to mine Bitcoins nowadays?

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by Jefrey, Sep 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jefrey

Associate

I have seen how much money and equipment people spend on bitcoin mining, does it always pays off?

2. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

Not really no
    You could possibly make some money in the alt coins but even thats pretty sketchy.

Thats assuming you need to pay for the energy, thats the main issue for most, the fact the running costs aren't that far different from the gains from the coins.

3. edscdk

Soldato

maybe good for people in cold climates where they must pay to heat their home anyway - effectively all electric used generates heat (assuming they would use electric and not something cheaper to heat their home)

4. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

the question is does it always pay off.

the answer is no.

simple as that. no if's or buts. it doesn't always pay off so it's a no.

5. Th0nt

Soldato

Agreed Psycho. It only is attractive when the prices get silly and people think the money printing press is going to make them rich overnight. Most tokens are negative right now unless your on free electric. The days of short ROI are long long gone, I am more than happy for them to return again though.

6. SlyReaper

Soldato

Only if you somehow get free electricity. And even then, it'll take years to pay off the initial cost of equipment. You're better off just buying some and holding it for a few years.