Does this annoy you too?

Soldato
Recently, somebody my father is friends with (ashamed to say he keeps the company of somebody like this tbh) came into almost a quarter million £ worth of inheritance. Normally fair enough, but the person in question has never worked a day in his life and claims pseudo incapacity off the government (forced himself into the situation he is in, to claim legitimately once rules got stricter and he couldn't wing it).

So he gets more than most people will ever earn, from the government, for a purposely self inflicted condition, and then this, even more money he doesn't know what to do with.

Am I the only one who thinks the government should get involved, and either;

A) stop the benefits now he has enough money to not scrounge (which he's had for years anyway, from excess scrounge)

B) look at his situation, realise he has everything he needs and has scrounged more than £250,000 in his life anyway, and claim the inheritance and put it in the system.

Either one would work fine IMO. Glad that 25% of our wages go to people like this, no wonder the countries in a state.

Soldato
It's people like that, which sadly there are a great many of them, that give genuine claimants of sickness and job seekers benefits a bad name! Personally yes in an ideal world he should be investigated and ordered to repay the money to the state. However as common sense has seemingly abandoned the majority of humanity the government will no doubt decide that either way he has a disability and they must help him...

Man of Honour
Thought if you had more than 16k of saving no matter how you got it then it stopped your benefits down to a tiny level?

thats JSA, im not sure if disability benefit is different.. google didnt say with a quick search. but id be suprised if they let you claim with £1/4m in the bank

Soldato
OP
It's people like that, which sadly there are a great many of them, that give genuine claimants of sickness and job seekers benefits a bad name! Personally yes in an ideal world he should be investigated and ordered to repay the money to the state. However as common sense has seemingly abandoned the majority of humanity the government will no doubt decide that either way he has a disability and they must help him...

Funny thing is, if you are actually genuine and straight up, and don't try and lubricate the gears so to speak, the government will give you the sweet middle finger. Wouldn't be surprised if something stupid like 80+% of claimants are pseudo. As for investigation, due to the governments lack of testes and brain cells it wouldn't do anything, he spends his time maintaining his condition to reep the benefits. Pun intended.

Thought if you had more than 16k of saving no matter how you got it then it stopped your benefits down to a tiny level?

Doesn't seem that way, unless hes beaten that part of the system too?

Jealousy. :rolleyes:

Oh you. :D

thats JSA, im not sure if disability benefit is different.. google didnt say with a quick search. but id be suprised if they let you claim with £1/4m in the bank

I wouldn't mate, government are quick to spend money they don't have on things that don't need it.

Associate
Unfortunate but even with a competently managed system some people will still slip though, you're never going to cleave equally those who need help and those who are scum, so you have to accept the scum as a prerequisite for not cutting off more of those who have genuine need. Not that there isn't currently too many of both camps.

I can understand that you don't want this chap to be identifiable, but I'm damned curious about the "forced himself into the situation he is in, to claim legitimately once rules got stricter and he couldn't wing it" part.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunate but even with a competently managed system some people will still slip though, you're never going to cleave equally those who need help and those who are scum, so you have to accept the scum as a prerequisite for not cutting off more of those who have genuine need. Not that there isn't currently too many of both camps.

I can understand that you don't want this chap to be identifiable, but I'm damned curious about the "forced himself into the situation he is in, to claim legitimately once rules got stricter and he couldn't wing it" part.

RcXPml.gif

How horribly fitting.

Soldato
It doesn't annoy me no because I don't know the guy but if I did and what you say is true I would be annoyed at the government rather than him. It's the government who are generally responsible for all of this **** and that includes all the recent corporation tax bs too!! They are allowing it to happen.

Soldato
OP
It doesn't annoy me no because I don't know the guy but if I did and what you say is true I would be annoyed at the government rather than him. It's the government who are generally responsible for all of this **** and that includes all the recent corporation tax bs too!! They are allowing it to happen.

Both annoy me, it's funny how I have to slog it out 40 hours a week to earn 0.25% of what he just got for literally nothing, sitting on his fat never worked a day in its life arse. Government are slowly screwing the working man over, little by little, to support the ones who don't want to work. Funny thing is nobody wants to work, but some have to, to keep the ones who don't in house. I'm not very multi cultured tbh, so I have to ask; are we the only mugs that have this kind of ****?

Anyone remember this heart-wrenching tale?

£22,000 a year for sitting on their arses all day? I agree, that's a horrible wage. 24 hours in a day, 168 in a week. £22,000 equates to £2.5 an hour and they work all day! Horrendous! I'm sure minimum wage is £6.08. Government are so unfair to these poor souls, wouldn't they technically be working for the government? I hope the lawmen and brain surgeons don't get treated like that. (Okay, probably abit too far comparing scum who need burying alive to decent folk. :( )

so he's made himself too fat to work? :p

In a nutshell yes. Obviously it isn't just being fat, nobody can claim that iirc. It's the bodily effects it has on you, damaged body parts, diseases that develop along with it etc.

Not sure why but I lol'd :o

Thanks for the hint.

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you a medical doctor & therefore able to diagnose if the individual has a medical condition or not?.

If not then this thread is simply full of daily mail rant style failing.

Also, you welly jelly bro?

Associate
It is wrong. But don't let it get to you..it won't change anything!
Ok so he doesn't work and gets everything for free. But is that a life? He is the one missing out by the sounds of it. If he so large,that he has chronic health problems I'm guessing he can't really do much but eat and sit around all day.

If that's how he wants to live then good luck to him not a life I would choose.

Permabanned
Pretty sure that he has to declare that money to the benefits people and they will reduce his benefits accordingly (probably stop them if it is £250k)

Associate
Pretty sure that he has to declare that money to the benefits people and they will reduce his benefits accordingly (probably stop them if it is £250k)
They will only stop housing benefit..if he gets incapacity it doesn't matter how much cash he has in the bank :rolleyes::confused:

Back
Top Bottom