Does this annoy you too?

bru

bru

Soldato
So if my wheelchair bound wife suddenly wins the lottery you reckon shes no longer eligible for disability, what is the money suddenly going to make her well again? Do you want her blue badge disabled parking permit back as well. :rolleyes:

Soldato
So if my wheelchair bound wife suddenly wins the lottery you reckon shes no longer eligible for disability, what is the money suddenly going to make her well again? Do you want her blue badge disabled parking permit back as well. :rolleyes:

No she shouldn't still be claiming disability benefits if she is a multi-millionaire. Why would she need to?

Soldato

if she won the lottery and it was an amount that would be able to sustain her life style the same as it is now then i would expect that money pulled from her benefit because she DOESN'T NEED IT.

her parking permit she can keep.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
if she won the lottery and it was an amount that would be able to sustain her life style the same as it is now then i would expect that money pulled from her benefit because she DOESN'T NEED IT.

her parking permit she can keep.

That made me laugh, Am I going to hell ? :p

As for the OP I'd have thought once you get 250k in the bank your benefits would stop.

Associate

Yes, no and no. Why would the state need to support her any further if she had more than enough money to support herself?

Soldato
That made me laugh, Am I going to hell ? :p

As for the OP I'd have thought once you get 250k in the bank your benefits would stop.

whattttt?

A parking permit is still required for her tbh, just because she has money doesnt make it easy to park in towns :p

i get why u laughed tho haha

Soldato
So if my wheelchair bound wife suddenly wins the lottery you reckon shes no longer eligible for disability, what is the money suddenly going to make her well again?
Please confirm, in your world JSA & Income support claimants would also continue to receive their benefits?

If so, where is the fairness in that? People working for pittance wage get no benefits but people who receive a millions of pounds for contributing nothing to society can have their cake and eat it?

If not, where is the fairness in that? Disabled people are not special and should not be held in a higher regard than anyone else. People on JSA and income support require that money to buy food and a place to live much as your wife requires whatever her disability money pays for. Money replaces money.

Subjective much?

Associate
Unfortunatly my wifes mothers friend came into £89k. She has no job, rented flat and a jobless son who thinks signing on the dole is beneath him(25 and never had a job)

Insted of doing the smart thing and buying a flat/bunglo shr gave £15k to the son and she went on holiday after holiday.

2 years later shes bumming money of my mother in law. I kid you not...

Soldato
people hate people like you

then i hate those people ;)

if someone has 250k they dont deserve any benefits. sure, keep a disabled badge to help park etc. but why should working people be taxed to give money to someone with loads of cash?

if it was a few k over the limit then thats fair enough. but the average joe would need to work for 15 years to earn that.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Sponge;23177052 said:
Hang on, that guy in the link claims for type 2 diabetes?

I'm type 1 and don't get a penny!

Funnily enough though, that diabetes was most likely self inflicted through being overweight. No different to cutting your own legs off and claiming incapacity, disgusting.

Unfortunatly my wifes mothers friend came into £89k. She has no job, rented flat and a jobless son who thinks signing on the dole is beneath him(25 and never had a job)

Insted of doing the smart thing and buying a flat/bunglo shr gave £15k to the son and she went on holiday after holiday.

2 years later shes bumming money of my mother in law. I kid you not...

That's what they are like, disgusting. No offence intended to anyone but it's your mother in law that's at fault for not telling her to **** off.

What? Why would she need disability if she has millions? Are her benefits slowly making her able to walk again? :confused:

Quick question, do you have a job, or do you live off her benefits? If so, that'd clear a lot of confusion up.

Are you a medical doctor & therefore able to diagnose if the individual has a medical condition or not?.

If not then this thread is simply full of daily mail rant style failing.

Also, you welly jelly bro?

My dads known him for 30 years, he has been told in depth about the situation, it is all self inflicted. It's weird how people can defend people like the one in question... If your a working man, one week in every month you work for free, because the tax you pay equates to 25% of your overall wages, and where does the tax go? Yep. Tone down on the moronic, bro.

It is wrong. But don't let it get to you..it won't change anything!
Ok so he doesn't work and gets everything for free. But is that a life? He is the one missing out by the sounds of it. If he so large,that he has chronic health problems I'm guessing he can't really do much but eat and sit around all day.

If that's how he wants to live then good luck to him not a life I would choose.

The only thing that gets to me, is the amount the government shell out to scroungers, and then they have the nerve to take a quarter of your wage! Why do they take it? It's the same as road tax, none of that money ever sees a road. We should have the right to see where every penny of our tax is being spent tbh, but if we did, benefits would take up half the chart.

Last edited:
Associate
That's what they are like, disgusting. No offence intended to anyone but it's your mother in law that's at fault for not telling her to **** off.

no offence taking, she is abit nuts, she let her stay in her house while they were away on holiday but said "not the dogs".

came back from holiday and there was dog muck everywhere, didn't even attempt to clean it up. now my father in law tells her to F off but mother in law still helps her out, many many arguments over it.

money is evil, give it all to me and ill take the pain away!.

Back
Top Bottom