Does this look repairable?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I came in expecting a chunk of metal work to be missing or caved in, disappointed :(

On the upside, yes, that should be fine ;)

Associate
That looks too close to the edge of the tyre to be repaired, i thought it had to be in the central section to be plugged?

Man of Honour
Should be fine. Had very similar in mine a few weeks ago and they fixed it at a cost of £14. Was very happy, my CS3s only have a few thousand miles on them!

Associate
That looks too close to the edge of the tyre to be repaired, i thought it had to be in the central section to be plugged?

I've done repairs successfully right on the edge - requires 2 people and some vice grips though :p The pic in the OP is 100% repairable though.

Last edited:
Don
I've done repairs successfully right on the edge - requires 2 people and some vice grips though :p The pic in the OP is 100% repairable though.

It's not whether it can be repaired, it's whether it should be repaired. IIRC, you are only allowed to repair the inner 2/3 of the tyre. This is to do with the newer design of repair plugs, as they need ~ 1" of flat surface area to bond with. Anything outside of this is illegal. The pics in the OP are certainly borderline.

Soldato
It's not whether it can be repaired, it's whether it should be repaired. IIRC, you are only allowed to repair the inner 2/3 of the tyre. This is to do with the newer design of repair plugs, as they need ~ 1" of flat surface area to bond with. Anything outside of this is illegal. The pics in the OP are certainly borderline.

As above. I've been refused a plug on a tyre that was very similar to the OP.

Soldato
Depends how much its been driven on and the state of the interior wall - Cant tell without getting it off really.

Back
Top Bottom