Does this look worth it

Soldato
I'm not, he will struggle to sell it - modified cars are never easy to shift and as standard it's worth nothing like £2.2k

If it's in good condition it probably is.

I paid £2.2K for a Y plate Leon Cupra in VGC with FSSH, 1 owner etc 3 months ago, and that was a good price based on other cars available. If that GTI appeared when I was car shopping, I'd have been very interested in it.

Man of Honour
The 1.8T lost the GTi 'magic IMHO. the mk4 was a heavier car than the mk3 but was given an engine with the same power out put using a slightly smaller engine. high revving na like the 2.0 16v is a lot more fun to drive. The 1.8T needs a remap at minimum to make it a fun drive.

Associate
OP
If it's in good condition it probably is.

I paid £2.2K for a Y plate Leon Cupra in VGC with FSSH, 1 owner etc 3 months ago, and that was a good price based on other cars available. If that GTI appeared when I was car shopping, I'd have been very interested in it.

8 posts say No and 1 post says yes:confused:

Associate
How much would you lot say it was worth if it was in good condition?

It's worth what you are willing to pay for it - regardless of other opinions.

Most of these have been modified or had bits of junk added to them - fake BBS alloys etc. Well cared for 'standard' ones are hard to find.

Granted the price may be higher than average but if it is in good condition as stated on the ad and has had the cambelt/water pump done per schedule then its not that bad a price for it.

Associate
I've been looking at these myself over the last few days as I got a pretty good insurance quote for them. Always liked Golfs and I like the interior of the MK4 even though it's pretty boring, but that's just me me. MK3s seem to be suffering with rust now and are getting on quite a bit, otherwise I may have gone for a 16v one of those.

A lot of messed with examples for sale, there's even one on the 'Bay with eye-lashes for some reason. I have my eye on a couple of clean examples, but I don't think anything will come of it in the end. I don't think I could justify the increased fuel consumption and Tax over my current car. That and the comments in this thread which came about at a rather well timed point have put me off them a bit more.

I'll probably give it a miss unless one of the ones I have my eye on doesn't sell in which case I might offer them a cheaky bit less than they're asking even though they've already knocked £250 off the original price this morning.

Associate
OP
Thats how Im looking at it aswell now. When I 1st started looking the Fuel/tax didnt really bother me,then I was offered and accepted a house from my local council last week so Im in 2 minds now what to do.

Back
Top Bottom