Dog ate my headphone!

Soldato
Hi guys,

So I was playing BC2 in the dark last night and suddenly all the bass drops out of my sound, so I think damn the dog has crawled past the back of the PC and pulled the plug out. I get down to check and she's curled up loving the 90*C heat coming out of my GPU exhaust and chewing on my headphone cable!

In a way it's better she chewed through the headphone rather than mic cable (or power!) as that would have taken ages fiddling around in windows to diagnose why no one could hear me!

It's not worn all the way through and I can still hear sounds with high treble, can I send it back to Sennheiser to get it repaired or are the headphones now useless?

Soldato
OP
The split is halfway between where the cable splits into the two separate wires for mic and sound and the sound jack. Any idea how many different wires are inside and would need soldering?

Soldato
OP
ok so in that case should only be 2 as the mic cable is not damaged. Thanks!

Although this has tempted me into getting the Asus Vulcans!

Associate
I'm not sure which headphones you're using but can the cable be replaced? I have a pair of HD595s and replaced the cable not so long ago. It wasn't expensive (~£15) and it was really easy to do.

If you look on the website you can find the link to the company that sells spare parts for them.

Back
Top Bottom