Dolby Atmos Soundbar

Soldato
Recently purchased an LG OLED C2 Evo and I'm in the market for a decent soundbar with Dolby Atmos and have been looking at the Sonos Beam Gen 2, any thoughts?

Thanks for the recommendations folks but the price on some of these systems is something I'm not prepared to pay, Q930b is £700+. Again, a decent 'ish' soundbar would be more than ample for our needs.

It's deja vu with these threads, people ask for a simple plug and play soundbar and it's always the same person responding with "buy an AVR setup" instead...

I'm all to familiar with this in other forum categories. :cry:

Think I'll avoid the fuss with a Sonos Beam Gen 2 and pick up a Sonos Sub Mini at a later date as the prices on these drop frequently.

See what the likes of Richer Sounds have in your budget and check out rtings reviews and comparisons to see which best meets the criteria you feel is most important to you.

They give the Sonos Beam Gen 2 a fairly average write up.

Not heard of Polk but Richer Sounds has the Signa S4 for £299, VIP £289.

Last edited:
Talk about going off on a tangent...

@Mr G I hope you're counting your music collection.

I listen to the odd podcast, radio via TuneIn and stream the odd tune but no way am I an audiophile and don't desire to be. I've scrolled through and searched for some of the recommendations and no way am I spending £750+ on an audio system.

I made the effort to visit a John Lewis store and looked at the Bose Soundbar 600, Beam Gen 2 and found the Bose was slightly better with the upward firing speakers.

To be honest this is ample for our needs and if I want to add more later I can, but don't really think it's necessary. I can buy this in-store today with a good discount for £349.

Last edited:
That's a very nice looking bit of kit! It'll make you wonder how you ever got by with just TV speakers!

Don't get me wrong I can get by with the TV speakers but would like a bit more punch and clarity.

The Bose 600 ticked all the boxes especially with Disney+ content as it felt more immersive over the Sonos Beam 2... both only required power and a HDMI cable and sounded fantastic! So, I've decided to get the Bose. I have debated on a sub box but this will depend on my usage as I only flick the TV on to watch Mando, Picard and the odd film now and then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom