Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
This week's Last With Tonight painted the perfect picture of Trump's leadership during this crisis. America is currently the global leader in new cases and total cases so far. [..]

1) That's impossible to know due to variations in testing. The only figure we can be reasonably sure of for most countries is deaths.
2) The USA has a larger population than most countries, which is obviously a factor in how many people in a country are infected.

From the data you linked to, the USA recorded it's first case 9 days before Italy so the USA is signicantly further along the curve than Italy (in the context of time passed, which is only one factor). Italy shows 192 deaths per 1M people. The USA shows 9 deaths per 1M people. So is the USA handling the crisis far better than Italy? I don't think so. I think that the huge size of the USA relative to Italy slowed the initial spread of the disease in the USA relative to Italy.

The data other than number of deaths is unclear and open to various interpretations, so it's unsteady ground to base a political opinion on. It's also unnecessary in this context because Trump's leadership is so poor that it's debateable whether it should be called leadership at all. But I'm sure he knows more about leadership than anyone does because he knows more about everything than anyone does. Apparently.

Man of Honour
I particularly enjoy that after his Seoul declaration, he asked: "Do you know how many people live in Seoul? Do you? It's 32 million." - according to wiki it's more like 10 :confused: :p

The population of the Seoul Capital Area is more like 26 million. If he quickly glanced at something online, he might have got that population figure instead. Which is wrong, but more understandably wrong.

Soldato
1) That's impossible to know due to variations in testing. The only figure we can be reasonably sure of for most countries is deaths.
2) The USA has a larger population than most countries, which is obviously a factor in how many people in a country are infected.

From the data you linked to, the USA recorded it's first case 9 days before Italy so the USA is signicantly further along the curve than Italy (in the context of time passed, which is only one factor). Italy shows 192 deaths per 1M people. The USA shows 9 deaths per 1M people. So is the USA handling the crisis far better than Italy? I don't think so. I think that the huge size of the USA relative to Italy slowed the initial spread of the disease in the USA relative to Italy.

The data other than number of deaths is unclear and open to various interpretations, so it's unsteady ground to base a political opinion on. It's also unnecessary in this context because Trump's leadership is so poor that it's debateable whether it should be called leadership at all. But I'm sure he knows more about leadership than anyone does because he knows more about everything than anyone does. Apparently.

Actually deaths outside hospital aren't being recorded as part of the tally as yet in most countries. UK is going to start adding them shortly I understand.

Caporegime
I particularly enjoy that after his Seoul declaration, he asked: "Do you know how many people live in Seoul? Do you? It's 32 million." - according to wiki it's more like 10 :confused: :p

Werll clearly Wiki is going to have to update then as the answer is now 32 million. Well Trump supporters think that now.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
How bad was that briefing he cant answer nor refute any of the negativity so resorts to hiding behind everyone else working hard (when you insult me, you insult all the heros logic). It almost the same routine daily where he expects congratulations and we are doing well when in reality they are far from it. Also the peak of virus deaths will come when it happens not when he declares it next week or within a few weeks. The man still doesnt get it and continues on with this charade of lies and dishonesty.

Looks like he got altitude (32m) mixed up with population. :D

No doubt his defense force will have a explanation of that number.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Well done to Trump and Abbott Labs on the new 5 minute COVID-19 test.

Awesome company.

Well done for not understanding what per capita meant? Well done for not taking any responsibility or accountability for any negativity in this virus outbreak. Well done for not taking this Pandemic seriously from the start and still doesnt give it the care and attention it needs. We could go on.

Caporegime
Well done to Trump and Abbott Labs on the new 5 minute COVID-19 test.

Awesome company.

What did Trump do? And although well done to Abbot Labs, its estimated they are going to make billions from this which is probably the main reason they did it? I mean if they were doing it for the benefit of Americans they would surely sell the tests at cost to the US government? Can't Trump have a quiet word?

Soldato
What did Trump do? And although well done to Abbot Labs, its estimated they are going to make billions from this which is probably the main reason they did it? I mean if they were doing it for the benefit of Americans they would surely sell the tests at cost to the US government? Can't Trump have a quiet word?

He's too busy opening his hotels up to key workers free of charge.

No, sorry, my bad, he's not doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom