DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Permabanned
Currently, I am researching for a new laptop too. From the options, I think I will pick a MSI one up.

I need something with Ryzen, Radeon, enough memory, M.2 drive if possible, if not an SSD will do fine for now too, 17" anti-reflective (matte) screen and 3840 x 2160 resolution.

MSI are famous with their notebooks line, always pick the awards for the best products.

Associate
OP
Currently, I am researching for a new laptop too. From the options, I think I will pick a MSI one up.

I need something with Ryzen, Radeon, enough memory, M.2 drive if possible, if not an SSD will do fine for now too, 17" anti-reflective (matte) screen and 3840 x 2160 resolution.

MSI are famous with their notebooks line, always pick the awards for the best products.

You either didn't read the thread or don't understand the reasons there is a class action against them.

When it comes down to it, most gaming laptops are the same components Intel, Nvidia, etc. Cooling and aesthetics are the only real differences.

So if another brand has the aesthetics and cooling that is better than MSI (there are some), why would you buy from a manufacturer that lies and mis-sells to it's customers?

Permabanned
You either didn't read the thread or don't understand the reasons there is a class action against them.

Is there the judges decision on the case?

When it comes down to it, most gaming laptops are the same components Intel, Nvidia, etc. Cooling and aesthetics are the only real differences.

Cooling and aesthetics (outer appearance or design) aren't the only differences.
Al components inside can be different, starting from the touch pad, the keyboard, the quality of the screen, the options to easily access the components, etc, etc.

why would you buy from a manufacturer that lies and mis-sells to it's customers?

What about Intel that receive fines in the multi-billions region? :D MSI are in another galaxy when it comes to customer-oriented honesty.

Associate
OP
Is there the judges decision on the case?

Not yet.

Cooling and aesthetics (outer appearance or design) aren't the only differences.
Al components inside can be different, starting from the touch pad, the keyboard, the quality of the screen, the options to easily access the components, etc, etc.

Cool, which gaming notepads have you used for your comparisons, and which manufacturers of these components do you rate?

What about Intel that receive fines in the multi-billions region? :D MSI are in another galaxy when it comes to customer-oriented honesty.

Which other gaming notebook manufacturer (apples to apples) has had a class action against it for mis-selling and lying to its customers?

Permabanned
Which other gaming notebook manufacturer (apples to apples) has had a class action against it for mis-selling and lying to its customers?

TBH, this is the first time that I see claims against MSI. I have never seen any news related to this particular case. I don't know other cases against laptop OEMs.
But I know companies with anti-consumer practices, and those include Apple, Nvidia, Intel and Samsung.

Don't expect too much from it. The suit most probably will be dismissed as being nonsense.

Associate
OP
It is just your twisted vision making things look like the way they are not.
It is like there is a big global evil witch that spelled an evil magic and many of you are under its influence.

:eek: :confused:

What's your objective here?

This is mine;

MSI claimed:
(see 3m50s onwards)
hPliQvV.png

Then claimed
MSI UK Notebook said:
The MXM graphics card layout of the GeForce GTX 10 series was a completely new core design called “Pascal,” which has significant changes in terms of signal design, interface design and power consumption. In addition, we observed problems with software compatibility and found that beta drivers are the only option. Based on our design of the GT72 4xx series and 6xx series and the GT80 series, implementing an MXM upgrade to the GTX 10 series would require, among other things, a new MXM module, cooling module, and display panel, and likely result in unsatisfactory display (either flickering or no display at all).

Along with
MSI UK Notebook said:
available at costs comparable to previous MXM upgrades

Source for above quotes:
3GuLh0H.png

Now here's where MSI are taking the mick out of their customers, the actual upgrade of GPU's is an option. They lied as a cash grab to make people buy new rather than make a smaller profit on just a GPU upgrade.

How do I know this, I hear you ask.

Well let's see what MSI's VAR's are offering: E8Ivgug.png

That's right, the very upgrade MSI claimed wasn't possible.

This was a huge effort by MSI to cash grab as much as they could from high ticket value customers.

So @4K8KW10 can you demonstrate another gaming notebook manufacturer that has behaved in a similar manner or do you now understand why this thread (and the lawsuit) exists?

Also, if you please could make an effort to try and answer questions posed to you:
MiSJAH said:
Cool, which gaming notepads have you used for your comparisons, and which manufacturers of these components do you rate?

(Thanks for bumping my thread too bro).

"And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Misjah why are you going to such lengths to respond to badly written troll posts? There is zero need after all the info that has already been posted.

Simply because it pushes this thread to the top of the board and those unaware of the situation may read from the most recent page.

Soldato
Wow I just cottoned on to this thread from a link posted here. This thread is a year old an I take MSI still hasn't resolved the matter? Unrelated to this thread but I could have sworn MSI run a promotion last year for AMD graphics cards where if you filled out a claim form they would send you a rebate, apparently it took 6 months for them to actually pay people and in the @Gibbo turned around to MSI and effectively said 'never again'.

Edit - Here is the thread - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-after-cashback.18758810/page-5#post-30295235

MSI level customer services has really dropped of a cliff int he last two years, it used to be one of the better companies as well.

@MiSJAH - Did you get anywhere with your consumer ombudsman compliant you posted in page 3? Did MSI even response to it?

Associate
It is just your twisted vision making things look like the way they are not.
It is like there is a big global evil witch that spelled an evil magic and many of you are under its influence.

:eek: :confused:

You sir, respectfully are twisted.

Go read the whole thread, it's pretty simple. MSI made a selling point (mxm upgrade gfx) advertised it, then didn't honour it. Whatever the reason they lied, try to avoid any payouts or options. It resulted in them giving away trade in's for their newest 1080's 7 series gt72 titan pro VR etc for about 300-500 quid... and a class action in the USA.

MISJAH is perfectly right to be angry about being mis-sold by a brand he trusted and in his and many other eyes ripped off, lied to, had their time wasted and were not satisfied with the outcome but took a deal so they could sell the MSI piece of crap and get a different brand that hasn't f----- them over.....

Go troll somewhere else :mad:

Permabanned
You sir, respectfully are twisted.

Go read the whole thread, it's pretty simple. MSI made a selling point (mxm upgrade gfx) advertised it, then didn't honour it. Whatever the reason they lied, try to avoid any payouts or options. It resulted in them giving away trade in's for their newest 1080's 7 series gt72 titan pro VR etc for about 300-500 quid... and a class action in the USA.

MISJAH is perfectly right to be angry about being mis-sold by a brand he trusted and in his and many other eyes ripped off, lied to, had their time wasted and were not satisfied with the outcome but took a deal so they could sell the MSI piece of crap and get a different brand that hasn't f----- them over.....

They didn't lie, you are just being too rude, I think.
You can claim that they didn't deliver according to their initial plans, not more.

Actually, I said it - the suit against will fail :D

Associate
OP
You can claim that they didn't deliver according to their initial plans, not more.

Thanks for bumping the post again bud.

Watch the video posted above. MSI claim the 9 series GPU will be upgradable or 2 further generations in the GT72/GT80 chassis.

Then MSI claimed this was not possible.

Which of the above statements is not a lie?

Associate

XD funny guy.

OK so TECHNICALLY they did not lie....

"an intentionally false statement."

At the time I'll admit MSI probably didn't know they wouldn't be able to provide the 10/11 but if they were not sure they SHOULD NOT have advertised it. And in the event they couldn't honour their advertising it should have been full refunds all around or upgrades to the new model with 10 series for free. But instead they came back with crazy prices like 900 quid upgrades + your old laptop XD

Soon as they advertised it and it didn't happen they broke their promise to me. I purchased this laptop ONLY over a desktop because they said I could upgrade my graphics card. That was the SOLE reason for purchase.

Lose or win, what ever I'm sure they will throw money at it, or if it looks like they could lose - out of court settlement is technically not a lose. So perhaps you are right my friend.

Anyway, clearly a troll just look at your other posts XD

Soldato
To be fair a lie is something which you intended to be untrue when you first say it.

It's quite probably that they intended to honour their statement but then changed their mind at a later date.

Not that this makes the situation any better. I'm not in the market for this type of laptop but I'll certainly be steering clear of msi products.

Back
Top Bottom