DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Caporegime
Anyway, clearly a troll just look at your other posts XD

LOL... https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31490324/

4k8kw10 said:
Moderators,
You have no sufficient privilages to tell members what they can write and what they cannot write about.

If it is interesting to me to write about Despacito, you won't suppress my right to do so.

Locking threads for no reason is violating the rules and I can put you in the court :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship
Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or "inconvenient" as determined by government authorities or by community consensus.

So, please, be so kind to just accept that we will write on Despacito and I will keep the topic updated.

Associate
OP
If anyone wants to know:

At present MSI is refusing to negotiate in regards to the class action in the USA.

"MSI Insists on Perfection of User Experience" - Doesn't ring true.

Associate
If anyone wants to know:

At present MSI is refusing to negotiate in regards to the class action in the USA.

"MSI Insists on Perfection of User Experience" - Doesn't ring true.

They didn't negotiate with us also remember, someone at MSI marketing office when I called the first time accused me of black mail remember.... that was a good user experience...

Yet I have a 7th series now... and a 10x GPU....

really interested to see how it goes tbh and the knock on impacts of the lawsuit aka can we use that as evidence to help anyone that didn't get a deal to get one now and a fair one.

Associate
They didn't negotiate with us also remember, someone at MSI marketing office when I called the first time accused me of black mail remember.... that was a good user experience...

Yet I have a 7th series now... and a 10x GPU....

really interested to see how it goes tbh and the knock on impacts of the lawsuit aka can we use that as evidence to help anyone that didn't get a deal to get one now and a fair one.
They stopped responding to me halfway through the trade-in process, presumably because of what was said here.
Waiting to see how the class action turns out + in contact with financial ombudsman, it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Associate
They stopped responding to me halfway through the trade-in process, presumably because of what was said here.
Waiting to see how the class action turns out + in contact with financial ombudsman, it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

yea I tried ombudsman, but there is no compulsory one for this industry so again MSI refused to cooperate with the ombudsman if I remember correctly as they were not required too....

unlike finance or say telecoms or energy firms, HAVE to use obmudsman to deal with complaints that fall outside their complaints area or if you want to take it further.

Maybe there needs to be one for this industry, or though I would have thought false advertising (by not honouring at a similar price when you couldn't upgrade) should have been enough but clearly not... lol

Associate
yea I tried ombudsman, but there is no compulsory one for this industry so again MSI refused to cooperate with the ombudsman if I remember correctly as they were not required too....

unlike finance or say telecoms or energy firms, HAVE to use obmudsman to deal with complaints that fall outside their complaints area or if you want to take it further.

Maybe there needs to be one for this industry, or though I would have thought false advertising (by not honouring at a similar price when you couldn't upgrade) should have been enough but clearly not... lol

Thing is, the laptops i'm talking to them over were bought via finance, so it's possible that I may be able to get some help with it.

Associate
Thing is, the laptops i'm talking to them over were bought via finance, so it's possible that I may be able to get some help with it.

yea diff rules apply to the LENDING probably FCA etc or financial ombudsman, but they will not cover false advertising probably only if they have fell foul of any of the lending rules/regs etc surely?

only difference here is if you paid by credit card, you can do a chargeback then MSI will be forced to resolve it or face you getting all your money back from your CC issuer (think you can do this up to 6 years?)

Associate
OP
On personal knowledge, Plaintiffs purchased these products for personal use
and not for purposes of resale or distribution. Upon viewing website advertisements and/or
publicly available information for these laptops as well as third party reviewers’ websites
and fora (such as forum.notebookreview.com) repeating the specifications provided by
Defendants, Plaintiffs purchased the laptops in question. A material factor in their deciding
to purchase these laptop computers was the represented capability of these laptops to be
upgraded to one or more later generations of NVIDIA GPUs. When the new 1000 series
of GTX GPUs produced by NVIDIA came on the market in 2016, they decided to upgrade
their laptops. Plaintiffs subsequently learned that they could not do so, due to the material
misrepresented or undisclosed fact that these laptops were not in fact upgradeable to the
next generation of NVIDIA GPUs. In the Fall of 2016, Plaintiffs or their representatives
contacted Defendants’ representatives about the ability to return their laptops, but were
told that there was no refund option. Because Defendants refused to offer Plaintiffs a full
refund when they made such a request, Plaintiffs now own laptops for which they
overpaid. Plaintiffs would not have purchased these laptops at the prices they did had the
true facts been timely disclosed by Defendants. Plaintiffs must purchase another computer
for more money to obtain the promised upgrade capability, as compared to several hundred
dollars to purchase an upgraded NVIDIA GPU, to obtain the benefit of their bargain.
Plaintiffs have also spent months and considerable time and resources attempting to
resolve these issues without the need to seek court intervention, without success. Plaintiffs
have therefore suffered a loss of money or property and suffered damage as a result of
Case 2:17-cv-03231 Document 1 Filed 04/28/17 Page 3 of 25 Page ID #:3
CLASS ACTION COMPLAINT
Defendants’ illegal business acts and practices.

Link.

Man of Honour
I have problems with the "they lied" aspect - at the time it was advertised AFAIK this was in good faith - it wasn't MSI's fault that it subsequently turned out Pascal GPUs weren't drop in replacements (as nVidia had originally intimated) - however that doesn't absolve them of the responsibility of making good on what was promised and those laptops were heavily advertised on the basis the GPUs could be upgraded in that manner - even I saw it and I wasn't interested in a laptop or even MSI laptops at the time.

Associate
OP
I have problems with the "they lied" aspect - at the time it was advertised AFAIK this was in good faith - it wasn't MSI's fault that it subsequently turned out Pascal GPUs weren't drop in replacements (as nVidia had originally intimated) - however that doesn't absolve them of the responsibility of making good on what was promised and those laptops were heavily advertised on the basis the GPUs could be upgraded in that manner - even I saw it and I wasn't interested in a laptop or even MSI laptops at the time.

Pascal GPU's are drop in replacements.

Man of Honour
Pascal GPU's are drop in replacements.

Not sure if you are purposeful being obtuse - they were supposed to be drop in replacements - nVidia even intimated as much if you look at other brand rep's posts - but when it came to the fact you can't just drop them in hence the whole issue.

Associate
OP
At least one US based reseller is selling drop in MXM GTX 1070's for the GT72/80 line.

XJc6tfC.png

Nvidia only make the GPU not the actual card, that was down to MSI.

Man of Honour
Still doesn't mean MSI lied unless someone can prove the had no intention at all in the first place before the Pascal design specs were even released to AIBs. Sure they failed to live upto a promise but that is another story.

Associate
OP
MSI claimed it was not stable to use the MXM Pascal cards.

It is.

It has been demonstrated by users here that have upgraded and by the above company.

And yes, they upgraded to an MSI manufactured Pascal card.

The first person to perform the upgrade (AFAIK) simply took the Pascal card from a GT73 and retrofitted it into his GT72.

Man of Honour
MSI claimed it was not stable to use the MXM Pascal cards.

It is.

It has been demonstrated by users here that have upgraded and by the above company.

And yes, they upgraded to an MSI manufactured Pascal card.

The first person to perform the upgrade (AFAIK) simply took the Pascal card from a GT73 and retrofitted it into his GT72.

There is a big difference between an end user managing to get something working and the level of stability and so on needed for qualification as a vendor. I'm reluctant to take MSI's side too much as what they've done and the way they've treated customers over this is disgusting but the accusations of lying would need a bit more substantiating for my tastes.

Soldato
I said the same thing a few pages ago.

I interpret lying as an intentional act. If they’ve changed their mind due to commercial reasons then that’s a different thing, even if it is completely dishonerable.

Associate
OP
There is a big difference between an end user managing to get something working and the level of stability and so on needed for qualification as a vendor. I'm reluctant to take MSI's side too much as what they've done and the way they've treated customers over this is disgusting but the accusations of lying would need a bit more substantiating for my tastes.

I said the same thing a few pages ago.

I interpret lying as an intentional act. If they’ve changed their mind due to commercial reasons then that’s a different thing, even if it is completely dishonerable.

Which aspect do you think wasn't a lie?

When they claimed that the laptops had upgradeable graphics cards or when they claimed the laptops did not have upgradeable graphics cards.

They have made both of these statements, they both cannot be truth. So which one is the lie?

Man of Honour
Which aspect do you think wasn't a lie?

When they claimed that the laptops had upgradeable graphics cards or when they claimed the laptops did not have upgradeable graphics cards.

They have made both of these statements, they both cannot be truth. So which one is the lie?

You'd first need to prove the original claim was made in bad faith.

Back
Top Bottom