Doom - PS4 / Xbox One

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];29393852 said:
Downloading the open Beta now.....

Feel like I should be doing it on PC so I can play with keyboard and mouse, but I'm too old to take games too seriously these days, so hoping it's good fun on the console.....

I'm sort of in the same boat, I can't justify a PC anymore due to space/time/monetary requirements. Sure this will be great however.

Soldato
Ok, this is crazy fun!!!

It's a lot like QIII Arena (well, that's how I remember it anyway).

I'm really struggling using a pad, but that's down to my ability rather than poor control scheme. Everyone has the same disadvantage so it's a level playing field.

Really fast, really fun, little overwhelming to start with but quite easy to grasp.

Only complaint is I only get one red bar for connection strength. It's not my connection, I have 50 down and 10 up with pings of around 30ms in pretty much every other game I play.
I'm hoping it's because it's a beta and there simply aren't enough players to find me a local server or host??

Fun though boys, highly recommend it.

Associate
Had a couple of games, it is indeed fast and very smooth. I guess plenty of people will love this but I just don't feel like it's that special, just another shooter. Then again I'm not the worlds biggest FPS fan but I have played/do play them. (COD, BF4, halo etc.)

Caporegime
I have to say I havent enjoyed this, finding it hard to see the Q3A influences but not have the same experience at all. Its kinda a middle ground which isnt impressing me - not being a proper arena MP kinda kills it.

I missed the closed beta so will make sure to try it over the weekend.

ps3ud0 :cool:

V F

V F

Soldato
I have to say I havent enjoyed this, finding it hard to see the Q3A influences but not have the same experience at all. Its kinda a middle ground which isnt impressing me - not being a proper arena MP kinda kills it.

I missed the closed beta so will make sure to try it over the weekend.

ps3ud0 :cool:

What I remember of Q3A was frag spawning. Super fast gameplay due to most people bunnyhopping everywhere then you'd die through an arch as someone appears from spawning. As well as the super fast weapon switch. They'd kill you with the saw weapon if they ran out of ammo and you'd be scurrying around for health but they got you. That is if you hadn't died from a large fall from somebody rocket jumping you. If not somebody bunnyhopping with the railgun or from a jump pad and falling back down to the floor railing you as they fall.

It was all great fast gameplay then RA3 came onto the scene with The Matrix remixes. As this Doom game looks very slow and heavy.

Last edited:
Associate
I suffered through 3 minutes of game play before I uninstalled it. Very poor FPS playing off of the name 'DOOM'. No charm of the original DOOM / DOOM II era. I dare not even compare it to the pinnacle that was Quake III Arena.

Back
Top Bottom