1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doom - PS4 / Xbox One

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by LzR, Oct 21, 2015.

1. ic1male

Caporegime

I deleted it after five minutes of waiting for it to matchmake. Didn't even see the graphics. :D

2. Dredd

Wise Guy

I really want to like this game, spent 10 years of my life playing quake 3, just so poor I can't do it.

My problem with game, load outs, movement, weapon sounds, voice over. It's a cross between halo and call of duty.

Edit also hack modules. dlc for maps lmao

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  3. V F

Capodecina

10 years? O_o

I thought Quake 3 started dying after 2005. What a great feeling it was getting it back in 1999. Still have the huge grey box and the glossy Team Arena box. Loved those 3 huge mega sized maps. Though you needed a really good card for those maps back then.

Funny how cheesy the game now looks.

4. McBain

Capodecina

Gave it another chance tonight, uninstalled, dog ****.

5. redrooster303

Wise Guy

Hope the actual campaign is good.

6. DooMeR

Perma Banned

I know its only beta but the power of the shotgun annoyed me. Load outs in a arena shooter seems stupid.I found it fun in short bursts but i will wait for reviews or price drop before buying

7. V F

Capodecina

Why was it such a short play time? Think it was only available for 3 days. I never tried it but it made me think looking at Battleborn and no limit on the multiplayer like Doom.

8. smr

Sgarrista

Anyone played the alpha or whatever it was that actually enjoyed it? Really want this to be good, loved playing the original DOOM

9. R0B75

Soldato

I'm really in it for the single player, but I did play the Alpha and Beta. Both were ok but nothing that would hold my interest for long.

10. ps3ud0

Caporegime

The SP looks like a return to form for id - particularly the PC version when you consider m+kb. The MP, well I just think thats gonna die quickly - its just not good.

I dont understand how either mode exists as they do together - the SP seems to have gone back to its Doom1/2, Quake roots while the MP just is some modern uninspired trash which has hints of Quake 3 but doesnt play anywhere near it. Getting rid of arena play is puzzling - on top of that the alpha/beta showed up issues with weapon balancing as well as that demon perk.

I have zero reason to get this game at full price or near release - I have high expectations of id which I just dont think they are capable of fulfilling anymore (thats my fault tbqh)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  11. Jase

Mobster

My copy arrived early and I couldn't resist having a go this afternoon. From what I've played of the single player campaign so far it's really good! it's crazy, fast and brutal :)

I'm playing the PS4 version and the graphics are excellent and very, very smooth.

Much fun! if it wasn't for me being in the middle of Uncharted 4 I would be playing it all night but unfortunately it has to wait until the weekend probably before it gets played properly.

12. [SKR]Phoenix

Wise Guy

I'm not fused about multi player aspect, that's just generic to be honest.

But, I am looking forward to single player and the snapmap. That looks extensive and fun!

However, I do believe the trailer on YouTube shows a new beast (or Archville) and the Spider Mastermind (or Arachnotron).

13. Plainsong

Soldato

If the SP is decent I'll deffo pick it up. MP doesn't really interest me.

14. Sega Mega Dave

Mobster

Doom has always been about the single player, not sure why everyone expects the multiplayer to be amazing.

15. smr

Sgarrista

Exactly, when we played the original Doom we loved it and that didn't have multiplayer.. didn't even have a proper storyline, wasn't meant to have a storyline! It's about having fun, blasting away and enjoying the visuals, atmosphere and rockin' soundtrack - if it can do that I'll lay some money on the table for it.

16. Dredd

Wise Guy

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  17. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

I really want to order this but my mind is telling me to wait.

18. [SKR]Phoenix

Wise Guy

Depends on what you want from it. If it's just the single player, I'd wait till it's £20 in a few weeks time. Personally, I'm looking forward to messing with SnapMap, so I'll grab this on release I think.

19. Dredd

Wise Guy

video above made me change my mind again about this game, looks like great simple fun. why did they mess up online so much :(

snapmap looks like very good idea, nice to see what gets created.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  20. McBain

Capodecina

No reviews until release date reeks of a ****.

I already know MP is gash, but the SP could still tempt me, reviews pending.