Doubling up speaker cable, improvement I've noticed

Soldato
Surely this would be such a simple test.

1) Setup audio frequency monitor
2) Run with old cables
3) Run with new cables.

Compare hard evidence results on the graphs. Any differences will be visible.

Soldato

2) Run with old cables
3) Run with new cables.

Yep very. A lot what is being spoken about in this thread is quite true, but how it affects a signal, and even if it affects a signal at all in the audible range - is not being discussed. But it's very, very easy to prove.

Man of Honour

2) Run with old cables
3) Run with new cables.

Yep very. A lot what is being spoken about in this thread is quite true, but how it affects a signal, and even if it affects a signal at all in the audible range - is not being discussed. But it's very, very easy to prove.

Post 22 a month ago.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Soldato
Post 22 a month ago.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol. I didn't see that post. /facepalm. I was mainly commenting because I see these posts throughout the audio world all the time and there is rarely any evidence to support the claims made. Given that we are literally dealing with sound from enthuthiasts who want the best sound, a lot of people would be in a position to prove or disprove claims, but for some reason.... we don't. It's all very odd tbh.

Man of Honour
lol. I didn't see that post. /facepalm. I was mainly commenting because I see these posts throughout the audio world all the time and there is rarely any evidence to support the claims made. Given that we are literally dealing with sound from enthuthiasts who want the best sound, a lot of people would be in a position to prove or disprove claims, but for some reason.... we don't. It's all very odd tbh.

Oh I agree, my post wasn't meant to be saying yours was unnecessary, just highlighting the fact that it hadn't happened in a month so good luck banging that drum!

He asked a question and I answered it. Sorry have I done something wrong ?
No, the only thing you're guilty of is not somehow reading my mind in the unfair way I sometimes seem to expect people to :o

Soldato
No, the only thing you're guilty of is not somehow reading my mind in the unfair way I sometimes seem to expect people to :o

Oh, sorry lol. No, I know and I agree of course - the lack of any kind of testing or proof to date shows the OP isn't willing to do so. Even a slight different in levels, which could very well be achieved with a lower capacitance wire, would show up on a multimeter. Very easy to prove.

Soldato
I find that really interesting. The very majority of your posts are high quality, your obviously quite intelligent person, you certainly know a lot computer stuff, i'm not trying to be funny I really mean this.

However your believe these cables sound the same is just so wrong. If you were listening to my HiFi system, I could change your view in under 10 seconds, that's how profound the difference is between these cables.
:cry:

Soldato
OP
Your thread and comments are quite entertaining. Your persistence is impressive as well.

It would be nice if you followed this thought process too.

You come into this thread trying to criticise what I've done.

I'm guessing however, that you have no good HiFi or music equipment in your house, it's certainly not setup in anyway.

Soldato
You come into this thread trying to criticise what I've done.

I'm guessing however, that you have no good HiFi or music equipment in your house, it's certainly not setup in anyway.
:cry:

I can guarantee you that my living room set up is significantly better than your Edifier speakers.

Soldato
OP
It's funny, because you have no idea what I've got in my house. But that didn't stop you before.

Hypocrisy much?

It's simple, anyone who cared about audio would not criticise someone posting about better speaker cable, or what I think about those Van Damm interconnects - google reviews on those before you convince yourself they have no benefit.

Soldato
It's simple, anyone who cared about audio would not criticise someone posting about better speaker cable, or what I think about those Van Damm interconnects - google reviews on those before you convince yourself they have no benefit.
Speaker cable magic is a meme in the audio world. You can't impose a false dichotomy on me by suggesting I cannot care about audio because I don't believe in magic speaker cables.

All my speakers are connected by pure copper of a sufficient gauge. Because that's all that matters when it comes to speaker cable.

Soldato
OP
Speaker cable magic is a meme in the audio world. You can't impose a false dichotomy on me by suggesting I cannot care about audio because I don't believe in magic speaker cables.

Magic speaker cable? :cry: This OFC copper cable came from Maplins!

All my speakers are connected by pure copper of a sufficient gauge. Because that's all that matters when it comes to speaker cable.

I've changed the effective gauge from 17 AWG to 14 AWG, you do understand this is the same as a single 14 AWG run? If you understand that thicker OFC copper cable is better, then how could you possibly disagree with what I've done.

My main HiFi uses 4mm DCSK speaker cable BTW.

Back
Top Bottom