downgrading f3c bios z87x-sli board

Associate
Hi, i upgraded my bios to the latest beta version this morning and it has sent my pc haywire i keep getting bsod left right n center now.

ive set it back to default in bios and removed the battery, Qflash and @BIOS from app center but it tells me the mobo is protected from using this bios.

i want to try use the ftp dos-z87 way but after following the instructions to the letter i get an error saying please remove media or bootable something is missing please restart. what am i doing wrong cant find any guides or step by step on using ftp dos at all.

pls help

Associate
OP
It will not allow you to downgrade using Qflash or @BIOS it fails to re flash saying "this motherboard is protected from using this bios" I tried flashing the bios from a bootable flash drive using Efiflash but it keeps telling me the bios failed to flash.

Ive been trying to flash using ftp_DOS-Z87 but i cant get it to work following the guide i found all i get is boot manager is missing when trying to boot using ftp_DOS-Z87.

im lost now id really appreciate it if someone could help me with this

cheers

Associate
OP
ive asked stasio to look at this thread,he will know how you do it

Much appreciated, its had me preoccupied all day trying to fix this!

Before flashing i had a rock solid overclock of 4.4ghz albeit 1.295v 70.c-82.c for everyday use and heavy gaming. Now it just BSOD when stressed even ater upping to 1.3v Gigabyte recon the user cannot reflash a previous bios?

Associate
Try in Windows (x64) with:

FPT-Win64-Z87

or try to kick up Backup BIOS.

Edit:
Checked ftp_DOS-Z87 file and found that is in order.
Did you place renamed "bios.bin" file and unziped files from ftp_DOS-Z87 to your bootable USB stick?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
sorry guys been out working all day.

Yes i tried ftp_DOS-Z87 and placed the renamed bio.bin file in but when trying to boot from flash drive it says boot manager is missing. Im not sure if it has anything to do with transferring the files to flash drive as it asks me if i want to copy or replace 2 files AUTOEXEC and MSDOS.SYS even when the flash drive it empty and after formatting.

Ive never had to flash a bios before using this method so i could be doing something wrong but definitely followed steps to the letter so im at a loss, how do i use the
FPT-Win64-Z87

cheers

Associate
I fill sorry for you.....but at least you are not ALONE...
Just need to read and implement....
If is so hard for you.......no comment...

Associate
OP
I fill sorry for you.....but at least you are not ALONE...
Just need to read and implement....
If is so hard for you.......no comment...

yes i copied all files to the drive renamed bios.bin but it keeps telling me "boot manager" is missing!

Back
Top Bottom