DPD 'awaiting delivery of parcel'

Associate
ok got it sorted

i'm so mad with dpd. the driver left the package outside my house, he forged my mum signature which he did wrong anyway. he didn't ring the door bell so i didn't even know it was outside from 8.22am has nobody has been out today. i'm just hoping the hdd isn't damaged due to being outside since 8.22am in this -5c weather

no card through the door or anything? god id be ****ed if they did that especially in my area you couldnt leave a half eaten peanut on your door step without it going missing.

Associate
Dang next few days i cant wait days :( When was yours posted?

I was hoping it would arrive today along with WoW cataclysm but neither arrived. :mad:

Mine was posted Yesterday. I called up today and he said there is a 72 hour delay and that the local depo isnt accepting parcels for another 48 hours.

Associate
I had the same problem the other week with a different courier. Ordered a brand new PS3 etc. through Amazon and it was delivered by Home delivery network. Well, I say delivered, I actually mean left outside on the middle of the doorstep. No note, signature, attempt to leave it with a neighbour etc.

Associate
ok got it sorted

i'm so mad with dpd. the driver left the package outside my house, he forged my mum signature which he did wrong anyway. he didn't ring the door bell so i didn't even know it was outside from 8.22am has nobody has been out today. i'm just hoping the hdd isn't damaged due to being outside since 8.22am in this -5c weather

Ouch man sorry, people like this shouldnt be doing this job, hes obviously not fit to do it and also forging signatures is illegal. I thought the usual task was to leave a note saying they tryied to deliver..I guess he was just in a rush to get his job done and go home.

HD should be ok. if it was properly wrapped which OcUK always do, it'll be fine

Last edited:
Associate
4pm update and it's delayed by 3 days now instead if 2 like it said this morning. I dont understand why they can't deliver the roads are clear. Not too impressed I wish I could have used another courier.

Associate
4pm update and it's delayed by 3 days now instead if 2 like it said this morning. I dont understand why they can't deliver the roads are clear. Not too impressed I wish I could have used another courier.

can you give me the number you rang? Waiting from 8am-8pm every night only to be disapointed is getting annoying fast, want to find out when it will arrive.

Associate
DPD seem to be still dealing with the backlog from last week. My SSD had no time estimate on the consignment on their site, which has never been the case before. I asked the delivery guy and he said they were still very much playing catchup, hence why the site is down half the time and the other half it's useless, giving you no time estimate.

I'd say it's probably going to be like this right up until just after xmas.

Associate
Well the complete moron delivery guy deemed it impossible to get my delivery too me due to extreme weather.... its frigging sunny and he could have easy access to my house if he went the right route what a tool.

Think i'll ring up and complain so annoyed was so excited for my new comp only to be let down again. :mad:

Associate
I'll give it a day or so and then I'll be asking for a refund. I ordered it on Monday and there was no notice of delays. I paid for next day delivery and it's sadly not arrived =[

Soldato
I find it odd that a lot of you are still waiting for your stuff. The backlog in your area must be insane. I ordered Sunday recieved Tuesday. So one day basically seeing as they didnt ship till Monday.

Soldato
my mum is J. GARRATT. she never signed for anything today. also she don't sigin things like GARRATT J....... she does J GARRATT

all it says is :

07 Dec 2010 08:22 Leicester Your parcel has been delivered, signed for by GARRATT J
07 Dec 2010 08:01 Leicester Your parcel is on the vehicle for delivery
07 Dec 2010 04:05 Leicester Your parcel has arrived at the local depot

i had something like this once with a citylink deleivery.

said it had been delivered and signed for, but nothing came.
but then the next day it arrived.

which was unfortuant for me as there was no one in to receive it, and they counted it as a second deleivery, so wouldn't retry again.

Soldato
Not really sure whats going on with my parcels.

Ordered 1 on Saturday and 2 on Monday.
The Saturday one arrived at the local depot this morning and was put on a van...then taken off the van 2 hours later.
One of the Monday ones arrived at the local depot this afternoon.
The other is still "awaiting delivery of parcel.

I'm worried they may not turn up before I leave on Friday :(

DPD is by far one of the best couriers though. Much better than another (green and yellow) courier who I have watched drive round the road (its a cul-de-sac) didnt even stop then made me drive 45 mins to their depot to pick up a package.

Back
Top Bottom