DPD 'awaiting delivery of parcel'

Associate
Thats what I've got. Going to give them a call in a minute and ask becuase I'll need to go home to collect it.

Called them this morning and said it wont be delivered until late next week. check online and it looks like it's coming out for delivery.

Soldato
ok so I've worked out that "Your parcel is on the vehicle for delivery" means its coming (just arrived) and "Your parcel is going out for delivery" means nothing and is just an automated response to your parcel arriving in the depot.

The delivery guy told me I was very lucky to have recieved a package ordered on Saturday, today. Its not looking good for my other deliveries then.

Associate
OK well I got "Your parcel is on the vehicle for delivery" and told it WILL arrive today. I've just spent £8 getting home for it to arrive. I've rang up and been told it is on the vehicle and it should be here soon.

Associate
Arrived! Just made it home in time. Been in 9 minutes and he came. They got 11 trailers waiting to get unloaded he said. They usually only get 3-4 but they are 2-3 days behind still.

Associate
I was told by the driver if you item was sent last week the chances are you wont get it till next week.

I was told that items last into the depo will be delivered first. All old stuff will be delivered at a later date.

My PC arrived at the depo at 07:00 today and was on the van for 08:00. He said there is stuff there over a week old not getting delivered.

Associate
I was told by the driver if you item was sent last week the chances are you wont get it till next week.

I was told that items last into the depo will be delivered first. All old stuff will be delivered at a later date.

My PC arrived at the depo at 07:00 today and was on the van for 08:00. He said there is stuff there over a week old not getting delivered.

my problem is they are saying my PC is on its way then saying the weather is too bad. Complete joke and they have no customer service whatsoever since when you phone them it cuts off.

Associate
When was it sent? If it was sent last week probs be a while till you get it.

3rd, It's apparently been sent to me 3 times but they couldnt get to me due to extreme weather which is totally ********, By the time it does get to me it'll probably be in bits from the vibrations of the truck.

Doesnt VAT raise on the 1st jan 2011 to 20%?

Yeah true and it makes me cry to see how much VAT bumps up the prices anyway :(.

Soldato
think its the 4th of jan vat goes up. got a text from O2 mobile yesterday banging on about it and changes that there making

sorry totally of topic.

anyway dpd are rubbish at updating there emails. ive had a parcel delivered buy them and the emails i were getting still said awaiting collection and id had it delivered

Soldato
At least DPD allowed me to collect from their depot!

From HDNL web site -

We apologise that we are having to temporarily suspend the ability to select a redelivery date or arrange a local depot collection as a result of the severe weather conditions.

Please be assured that your local depot will deliver your parcel at the earliest opportunity possible.

Andi.

Associate
Wish they gave me the chance to collect it from the depot instead of moving it from pillar to post in the van, then it wouldnt of showed up damaged and have to be RMA'd. Even more waiting to do now and snow forecast for this week.

Back
Top Bottom