Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
People throwing so much shade on the TWO TIME.

I'm a dad gamer and not really a massive stream following individual but I do watch DrDisRespects videos from time to time as they crack me up.

Anyone questioning his outfit, style, assuredness, cockyness or otherwise has sort of missed the point. The DrDisRespect character is intentional in it's approach and on the rare occasion you will see Herschel Beahm (The actual man behind the mask) break character laughing or reacting to something ridiculous.

There is a YouTube documentary about him which is actually quite an interesting watch. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9e_85TuaBA)

Soldato
Associate
Strange as it hardly effects Twitch given nobody knows. It's not like Amazon don't manage to shrug off bad press every time anyway.

It does make me very curious, and i never heard of the guy before this thread.

Soldato
Whats amazing in this day and age of information and people always talk and things leak, STILL no one knows to this day why he was banned, thats insane!

If you sign a contract worth a few million then cheat on it so you get kicked out the door at short notice it's gossip material for sure. Except the minimum wage employees won't have been told a single thing about it. The people signing and cancelling his contract may have no incentive at all to expose how they do business or contract terms.

That's what I expect to be the case anyway. Disrespecting his existing business arrangement in search of more money and getting caught.

Soldato
Contract law I agree is most likely. He cant reveal details because they would be very expensive words probably used in court against him. Amazon was confident enough he was outside the agreement but court proceedings can be quite random in their outcome, neither party is likely to bother trying to challenge the other as it only makes it more costly.
He got greedy is most likely, if they pay him specifically for exclusivity and he keeps on doing the rounds raising cash from every source who offers him a deal then very likely he did not consult or ask permission to do so from Amazon which is what he really should do.
Sponsorship is super lucrative, I dont exactly blame him for example George Foreman made many multiples more on adverts for the Grill then actually becoming world champion and its the same often with anyone really famous they can make tons in outright fees, more in royalties thats how you can get ridiculous rich in this game, advertising is massive.

Last edited:
Associate
He broke a few rules to be fair ! First we had the scandal where he cheated on wife and then we had the scandal where he was filming in a Toilet ! Then there was talk of him trying to get other streamers to quit Twitch and join him in a new start up ! Anyway he's laughing because he moved to YouTube and is still making millions of pounds so he's hardy had it hard! ( From what was said at the time some girl gamer reported him for sexual harassment. ) hence why Twitch banned him..... That's how I viewed it anyway. as it was at the time that a lot of other Twitch streamers got banned for the same thing.

Soldato
He broke a few rules to be fair ! First we had the scandal where he cheated on wife and then we had the scandal where he was filming in a Toilet ! Then there was talk of him trying to get other streamers to quit Twitch and join him in a new start up ! Anyway he's laughing because he moved to YouTube and is still making millions of pounds so he's hardy had it hard! ( From what was said at the time some girl gamer reported him for sexual harassment. ) hence why Twitch banned him..... That's how I viewed it anyway. as it was at the time that a lot of other Twitch streamers got banned for the same thing.
He was banned over an accusation?

Associate
Nah he is totally talking out of his ass which is normal for cases like this mixing up real events with wrong timelines and a rumor that never had a hint of evidence.

the classic footballer not playing so he must be shaging someone elses wife style of story

Soldato
Does anyone actually not care. He does well for a more mature gamer (same age as me).

Whatever happened was not enough for it to make anyone want to spill the beans so leave it at that. Good luck to him

Back
Top Bottom